Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

if you don't get you news from a fella who does he own research on youtube

you sheeppl sheeppl I tells ye

would not put it below the Tory to force the unemployed to whatever work their told to lose universal completely and they have plenty more people in the system to play around with shortly
fuck me what is it with this place and trunk drivers atm, fuck me the earn over the average wage before Brexit and plenty of worse jobs around that driving a truck
I would be very interested to see you back that claim up with some genuine figures

show me some genuine figures proving otherwise
The general rule here on Urban tends to be that anyone making claims like yours is expected to back them up.

I don't have figures to hand ATM, though I'm sure I could find something if I looked.

But I would hope that anyone making that sort of quite specific claim would have the data to back it up before making it.

Or are you admitting you didn't have any data at all and just pulled the assertion out of your arse?

I'm interest to see seeming as I spent the last 15 years working in warehousing , stores and the air freight industry around heathrow

what sort of figures dragged up average salary in 2020 was around the 28 grand mark

with some lads I know working for frontrunner making over 40 grand

would not put it below the Tory to force the unemployed to whatever work their told to lose universal completely and they have plenty more people in the system to play around with shortly
Yep. The far-from-middle-class people. I hope you're wrong but it's not like the Tories haven't got form for this.

Reactions: Ax^
As have stated before, was initially emotional and confounded by Brexit. But when it sank in, fully supported it.
You fully supported what?
Do you just mean you're glad the majority's vote got implemented or do you mean that upon reflection you think brexit was a great idea.

I'm interest to see seeming as I spent the last 15 years working in warehousing , stores and the air freight industry around heathrow

what sort of figures dragged up average salary in 2020 was around the 28 grand mark

with some lads I know working for frontrunner making over 40 grand
There are a few figures knocking around. Average lorry driver salary, according to this is around £30k. It may be going on slightly outdated figures though. Latest UK median salary for full-time employees is £31k. (mean is £36k but the median is probably the more illustrative than the mean in this instance. The mean is altered a lot by a few very rich people at the top).

So the best estimate of lorry driver salary is that a driver with a few years' experience will average around the UK median. Starting salaries in the low £20ks. It's not terrible pay. It's not great.

Reactions: Ax^
There are a few figures knocking around. Average lorry driver salary, according to this is around £30k. It may be going on slightly outdated figures though. Latest UK median salary for full-time employees is £31k. (mean is £36k but the median is probably the more illustrative than the mean in this instance. The mean is altered a lot by a few very rich people at the top).

So the best estimate of lorry driver salary is that a driver with a few years' experience will average around the UK median. Starting salaries in the low £20ks. It's not terrible pay. It's not great.
Thanks for taking the trouble to find the figures.

They certainly appear to show that, not only did Ax^ have no idea whether the assertion they made was accurate or not, it was in fact completely wrong, despite some lads they know working for frontrunner making over 40 grand

quoted the average medium for last year before covid , also work in a related industry

what's your accusation of having no idea fuck nuts

well at least after 115 pages we know how much trucker drivers earn

now if we can just get the clocks back from the French Brexit will be a success

Don't bother asking Ax^ , though they probably know some lads working in the industry making over 40 grand

weird flex the quote google search came back in figure simular to mine
but feel free to take it as a win, now go back to making up Guardian headlines

Hasn't the Guardian just been advertising 100,000 of them. Sorry 60,000 of them - the jobs 'brits' are too lazy to do becasue they're working class bigots, etc.
No it has been reporting on what the Road Haulage Association has claimed or stated to the government when wanting a relaxation on foreign drivers.

Still fucking terrible that a newspaper reports stuff.

Of course, nobody on benefits voted to stay in the EU, only well off people who hate the lower classes. :rolleyes:
Plenty of those on low incomes, and on benefits, voted remain. However, none were leaders of the great Remain campaign. More importantly I’ve not met one who has adopted the crank politics of continuity remain. They’ve accepted the result and moved on along with the serious wing of the remain campaign.

Back
Top Bottom