Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force:

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months.

The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.

In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

PS: Don't forget your passports.

I like Byline news. Good longer form documentaries and content generally.

I was and remain opposed to Brexit. And Osbourne's austerity after 2008 but i think the misery from that led to the public attitudes that led to Brexit.

I always thought it was a power/cash grab by the UK financial elites who hated the extra layers of regulation which helped to constrain some of their excesses. And a short term opportunity to short the pound (see 'The Brexit Short'...a Bloomberg doc on Youtube), destroy industries to buy them back at fire sale prices and finally to get rid of/privatise the NHS and the rest of the welfare state by having a vaguely plausible excuse to say 'we can't afford it anymore' (because we ripped you off and shifted all the assets overseas...ssshh).

So here's a good documentary about it released in 2023 by Byline.

A theme i found really disheartening was the repetition of 'i'm not going to vote anymore because it makes no difference who you vote for' by the people it would help the most. Not voting is the thing the right and conservative policy makers want the most. I think the naked public flouting of democratic norms, the obvious lies and deceptions that seems to be endemic in the media by the right might even be deliberate to foster these attitudes in their victims. Voting's the only real power people have over these cunts.

OK i'm preaching to the converted saying that here but i needed to vent!

This one's looking at the financially incentivised reasons behind Brexit. From Germany. Made in 2021.

This is the Bloomberg one about Nigel and his mate Crispin Odey making a killing on the night of the vote.

The DUP released it's manifesto today.
Pissed off that after the vote for the whole of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to leave the European Union the result of the referendum has not be implemented in the same way across the whole country.
The reason being the UK/EU land border which was made into an issue by those who voted leave.

I have found it. the elusive Brexit benefit.

if anybody remembers Theresa May's Festival of Brexit, rebranded Unboxed, one part of that was the Dreammachine installation. Jon Hopkins soundtracked that. which at the time I do recall wishing they'd had CDs in a gift shop to take home.

finally, out last week his new album Relic is adapted from that work.
and it's great. although another review I read said it sounded like he'd fallen asleep face first onto his sequencer.

Meanwhile, Michel Barnier, EU’s chief Brexit negotiator is making a run for president of France, his big idea is to ban all immigration in to the EU for up to five years, including family reunions.
Well he's made PM...

When it comes to it, centrists will always fuck over the left. Macron now by appointing the right-wing Barnier. Starmer and the Peoples Vote liberals actively undermining Corbyn at every opportunity when leave with a more left-leaning government could have been sold to the electorate in 2017.

Well he's made PM...

When it comes to it, centrists will always fuck over the left. Macron now by appointing the right-wing Barnier. Starmer and the Peoples Vote liberals actively undermining Corbyn at every opportunity when leave with a more left-leaning government could have been sold to the electorate in 2017.
It’s not going to go well.

Back
Top Bottom