Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A Chinese agent in the British parliament.

Why is this coming out again now with such apparent importance.
Wonder if anyone wants the lead news story's to focus away from Number 10s contempt for the rules....

As I've said on other threads this morning, it was the security minister doing the media rounds this morning, clearly expecting to be discussing this story, but party-gate blew up in his face, he looked so pissed off on both Sky and the BBC, funny as fuck.

That shitbag Patel says that Christine Lee’s activity was ‘below criminal threshold’.
What, like she drove at 29mph but the secret services knew she was full of desire and itching to drive at 31, but being a dastardly clever Bond baddie type, drat it she stayed at 29?
Weather presenter Carol Kirkwood is really a spree killer, but she has got away with it by giving others dirty looks.

I haven't read the details but on what basis did this so called agent give Gardiner 400 grand?

Here's some money to fund your office. On the understanding that it would be beneficial if ***

What's the conversation these people have, where it can sound like anything other than cash for influence.

From what I can understand she and Gardiner knew each other for 20 years and there were continuous donations across that time that were declared.
Probably the patronage Gardiner showed to Lee’s son has ‘troubled’ the authorities more.
Lee was also the conduit of other amounts to other politicians of all parties.
Looking like the woman was buying ‘friends’ left right and centre, and she got the money from others.
However as a spy or agent her ability to be secretive looks crap, looks like she didn’t even try to hide anything legal or near illegal.
If she has done wrong arrest her and charge her, otherwise this is a dead cat story, with the added spice of further demonising Chinese looking people in the UK like my wife. Who incidentally has recently retired from a proper job in a respected UK institution having had about six books published, however our family will still endure barely hidden racist contempt.
I agree with what has been mentioned above, China probably has a couple of hundred spies in the UK, probably matched by America, but of course Americans look more like ‘us’.

If she has done wrong arrest her and charge her, otherwise this is a dead cat story, with the added spice of further demonising Chinese looking people in the UK like my wife. Who incidentally has recently retired from a proper job in a respected UK institution having had about six books published, however our family will still endure barely hidden racist contempt.

I think most people are capable of making a distinction between "Chinese looking people" and agents of the fascist state in Beijing - should public policy be changed to ease the concerns of racist idiots?

I think most people are capable of making a distinction between "Chinese looking people" and agents of the fascist state in Beijing - should public policy be changed to ease the concerns of racist idiots?
You would hope so wouldn’t you?
However both my wife, and our mixed race son have experienced racism here in London on a fairly regular basis, maybe they have been unlucky in not meeting ‘most people’ only.
They have experienced it because of the way they look.

You would hope so wouldn’t you?
However both my wife, and our mixed race son have experienced racism here in London on a fairly regular basis, maybe they have been unlucky in not meeting ‘most people’ only.
They have experienced it because of the way they look.

There is indeed a shameful amount of anti-Chinese and anti-East Asian people in general racism out there, but I don't see why that should influence policy on agents of the Chinese state in any way whatsoever - especially not a time when many recent arrivals from Hong Kong are being harassed and threatened by people acting on behalf of Beijing.

There is indeed a shameful amount of anti-Chinese and anti-East Asian people in general racism out there, but I don't see why that should influence policy on agents of the Chinese state in any way whatsoever - especially not a time when many recent arrivals from Hong Kong are being harassed and threatened by people acting on behalf of Beijing.
It shouldn’t influence policy, which is why I have said if Christine Lee is a wrongdoer then arrest her and charge her like anybody else.
I feel the story has an insidious angle that invites antipathy towards Chinese people for being Chinese and wrong-doing needn’t be proved, and it troubles me personally.
Maybe there is more to come out that will show things differently, but the way this has been ‘exposed’ does stink, like a dead cat might.

Gardiner said he was appraised today that the lady in question had been acting illegally.
As far as I can tell she does not have diplomatic immunity, so why hasn't she been arrested and charged?
Her profile is well know including photographs with Xi Jingpin, her payments have been declared, and she has a profile amongst parliamentarians, and the secret service.
If Christine Lee is a spy in the traditional sense then I would mark her as a '0' for being clandestine and not much more for secrecy. If she is a sleeper trying to cultivate and influence...has she broken any law, and is anybody surprised that she is promoting China?
Pretty rubbish spy if everybody has know about her for years, except I suppose if she is suddenly arrested tomorrow and charged with something or other.
The story is a Chinese national has, surprise surprise, been lobbying people of supposed influence for the benefit of China, is that espionage these days?
To my mind it is a dead cat story for obvious reasons, but I will take that all back if she is arrested, charged and convicted.
I think what is more worrying is, that she was amongst influential people. Rubbing shoulders. ETC.
Plus, this is what we know about.
And, the people she was around, will happily suck the corporate dick. Whilst, selling out their own people.

I think what is more worrying is, that she was amongst influential people. Rubbing shoulders. ETC.
Plus, this is what we know about.
And, the people she was around, will happily suck the corporate dick. Whilst, selling out their own people.

All of that could be right. However no criminal charges.
Do you reckon she is the only person from elsewhere gladhanding influential people?
If there are others why did she get this exposure at this time?
Deceased felines?
This event boosts general anti Chinese racism.

All of that could be right. However no criminal charges.
Do you reckon she is the only person from elsewhere gladhanding influential people?
If there are others why did she get this exposure at this time?
Deceased felines?
This event boosts general anti Chinese racism.

So we shouldn't be made aware of a shitty Labour MP who has taken a £400K bung from somebody closely related to the brutal and racist Chinese government, anr we shouldn't highlight the attempts by those or other cunty tyrants to subborn elected officials because it might boost racism.

And, yes, it's no different from the way the Saudis, other Gulf states, Israelis, Central Asian states, and various Russian and Ukrainian interests. You mentioned the Americans in an earlier post. They probably don't need to buy MPs as, at least the current US regime, has the British Government in its pocket.

Not a spy, a lobbyist. If a spy then where are the charges. Just part of the general corruption

Reactions: tim
So we shouldn't be made aware of a shitty Labour MP who has taken a £400K bung from somebody closely related to the brutal and racist Chinese government, anr we shouldn't highlight the attempts by those or other cunty tyrants to subborn elected officials because it might boost racism.

And, yes, it's no different from the way the Saudis, other Gulf states, Israelis, Central Asian states, and various Russian and Ukrainian interests. You mentioned the Americans in an earlier post. They probably don't need to buy MPs as, at least the current US regime, has the British Government in its pocket.

When you say ‘made aware’ the questions that follow are ‘what was hidden?’, why this particular story as opposed to stories about the other regimes you mention, if she is a lawbreaker why no arrest and charges?
I am not arguing that the Chinese regime are cunty racist tyrants, they are, but there is cuntishness everywhere, including in the UK.
By singling out one example, a Chinese woman, it fuels anti Chinese racism that impacts on my family. Ought I to simply ignore it because somehow it is my fault to be married to a Chinese woman?

If anyone is interested there is a LBC 45 call-in interview with Gardiner setting out his point of view on it, which could moderate some of the strong opinions of bungs above as they did mine. China was courted by everyone until recently, in fact this woman was first flagged 2017 and May gave her awards for fostering China-UK relations. Interesting that this came out this week of all weeks.

When you say ‘made aware’ the questions that follow are ‘what was hidden?’, why this particular story as opposed to stories about the other regimes you mention, if she is a lawbreaker why no arrest and charges?
I am not arguing that the Chinese regime are cunty racist tyrants, they are, but there is cuntishness everywhere, including in the UK.
By singling out one example, a Chinese woman, it fuels anti Chinese racism that impacts on my family. Ought I to simply ignore it because somehow it is my fault to be married to a Chinese woman?

For a start, the fact that Barry Gardener had accepted a bung of £400K was hidden from me and I think it's disgusting.

Personally, I don't think we should refrain from highlighting people's dubious behaviour because of their gender or ethnicity. Daniel Kawczinski gas been singled out by me and others in these boards for getting financial with thieving brutes who run Saudi Arabia.
North Shropshire by-election

Do you think, in doing so, I was inciting homophobia, Islamophobia or anti-Polish racism? In focussing on Barry Gardener am I inciting prejudices against Scots living in England? Do we refrain from critising Modi because it might lead to people posting here attacking Hindus? Do you feel as strongly about the Hong Kong thread? Should we refrain from critising "Chinese-looking people" for beating, gaoling and oppressing other Chinese-looking people".

What this agent/lobbyist did may or may not be legal, but even if it is, as an agent of the Chinese government she merits scrutiny.

For a start, the fact that Barry Gardener had accepted a bung of £400K was hidden from me and I think it's disgusting.

Personally, I don't think we should refrain from highlighting people's dubious behaviour because of their gender or ethnicity. Daniel Kawczinski gas been singled out by me and others in these boards for getting financial with thieving brutes who run Saudi Arabia.
North Shropshire by-election

Do you think, in doing so, I was inciting homophobia, Islamophobia or anti-Polish racism? In focussing on Barry Gardener am I inciting prejudices against Scots living in England? Do we refrain from critising Modi because it might lead to people posting here attacking Hindus? Do you feel as strongly about the Hong Kong thread? Should we refrain from critising "Chinese-looking people" for beating, gaoling and oppressing other Chinese-looking people".

What this agent/lobbyist did may or may not be legal, but even if it is, as an agent of the Chinese government she merits scrutiny.
Scrutinise away. Arrest her and charge her if the scrutiny merits it. Be as aware as possible.
I think your use of the word dubious is interesting, but actually illegal is stronger.
I am afraid the way this story has been exposed stinks, and I believe it fuels general anti Chinese sentiment that can impact on ordinary people.
Of the Chinese people I know in the UK, 100% of them believe that if Christine Lee has broken the law she should be arrested and charged, but we are left with Patel saying this Chinese person has acted below the threshold of criminality.
Personally I believe Christine Lee has probably been grooming all sorts to look favourably on China and of course by association the cuntishness Chinese regime, and if she was exposed as a genuine lawbreaker or spy, caught, then it would make things clearer.

Scrutinise away. Arrest her and charge her if the scrutiny merits it. Be as aware as possible.
I think your use of the word dubious is interesting, but actually illegal is stronger.
I am afraid the way this story has been exposed stinks, and I believe it fuels general anti Chinese sentiment that can impact on ordinary people.
Of the Chinese people I know in the UK, 100% of them believe that if Christine Lee has broken the law she should be arrested and charged, but we are left with Patel saying this Chinese person has acted below the threshold of criminality.
Personally I believe Christine Lee has probably been grooming all sorts to look favourably on China and of course by association the cuntishness Chinese regime, and if she was exposed as a genuine lawbreaker or spy, caught, then it would make things clearer.
Welcome to politics.

People are 'plucky freedom fighters' or 'Terrorists' depending on our current relationship with the incumbent government.

Their status can change from month to month, once again depending on the current relationship with the incumbent.

Spy and Diplomat are also interchangeable.

The way I look at it is.

If she was; Iranian, Iraqi, Russian.

It would've been a different story.

Whatever term is used.
Nope.
If she was Russian they would have taken the money up til the Ukraine crisis (or some oil dispute) and then done exactly this.
100%

Back
Top Bottom