Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your preferred day for our Liz's passing

When should she go to best please her subjects?

• Today

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Christmas Day

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • New Year's Eve

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • New Year's Day

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Greedy royalist/tory and hope she lives forever

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a bit far off, but April 1 would be funny because of the amount of time it would take people to figure out whether the news was real or not - and historians in the distant future might argue about why people marked the anniversary of the monarch's death by playing pranks on each other.

I went into the field for two weeks the morning Princess Di died. Not a single cultural reference from that time

Ultimately if the queen could die in the early morning just as I board a plane to the middle of fucking nowhere with no interweb of streaming capacity for two months that would be just excellent

On a day consistent with** either the death-announcement or funeral happening to ensure the Bank Holiday falls on the Monday straight after Glastonbury (last one in June).

Charles can have his coronation on a day consistent with** the resulting Bank Holiday falling on the Monday straight after Boomtown.

:cool: :)

**Can't be arsed with the actual details/dates, and in any case, both of the above wishes are as from now or soon revoked by me if there's any risk at all of any festivals getting cancelled around the current monarch's croak-date and/or around the future monarch's coronation date,
I'm beyond fed up with festivals getting cancelled!!! :mad: )

I have some surgery coming up. Would be nice if dear old Brenda could coordinate with that so that I can miss the interminable media guff. Well, some of it...

She's heading into the light, I think, perhaps hastened by the departure of her beloved, the revelations of her favourite son and the endless squabblings of the youngsters jockeying for cash devoid of duty. I like Mondays off tbh.

It will be an epic Queenerama. Millions will nakedly prostrate themselves in front of her funeral cortage, weeping and throwing poppies and bunting. The horses will run wild and blind, driven mad by the horror and misery-drenched atmosphere. The Daily Express will make hay about the weather. Commemorative tea towels will be set alight over the Thames and The Smiths will reform with Bez, replacing Morrissey who died years ago.

A day that guarantees me a day off I wouldn’t otherwise have and doesn’t interfere with essential viewing like the bake off or strictly final.

Other than that, any time. I can always avoid it all with naps and Netflix.

This. It’s not going to be a party, it’s going to be wall to wall vomit inducing shite.
Cheer up man!!!! :)

We might as well have at least one extra Bank Holiday so as to put up with all that shite, no? ;)

Especially if the BH date ends up being a Monday straight after a (non-cancelled! :hmm: ) festival!!! :thumbs:

Interesting and decorative Turkish Rugs may be available onsite on a occasion like that .:D ... plus good live bands and top sounds :cool:

Excellent distractions! :D :oldthumbsup:

Cheer up man!!!! :)

We might as well have at least one extra Bank Holiday so as to put up with all that shite, no? ;)

Especially if the BH date ends up being a Monday straight after a (non-cancelled! :hmm: ) festival!!! :thumbs:

Interesting and decorative Turkish Rugs may be available onsite on a occasion like that .:D ... plus good live bands and top sounds :cool:

Excellent distractions! :D :oldthumbsup:
What’s a bank holiday? I’ve vaguely heard of them, think they’re something other people get.

We’ve already got an extra bank holiday next year for her xx anniversary. So ideally. Some time after that. If I’ve never had a day off for the queen/king dying in my lifetime I want to bloody maximise the potential days off.

We’ve already got an extra bank holiday next year for her xx anniversary. So ideally. Some time after that. If I’ve never had a day off for the queen/king dying in my lifetime I want to bloody maximise the potential days off.
I'd forgotten about that! :oops:

So, good point about having an additional royal croak holiday after the already-planned one ... :cool:

The Queen is actually very woke. She takes the knee and holds her fist up before every football match. She is also strongly against cultural appropriation. Prince Philip claims to have thrown the first brick at the Stonewall riots.

Back
Top Bottom