Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your oldest article of clothing still in regular use?

pseudonarcissus

fluttering and dancing
It’s a sad day today. Walking the dog this morning my keys fell out of a hole in the pocket of some board shoes I remember buying in Urban Outfitters, of all places, in Houston about 2006. Fortunately the keys fell on a hard surface and jangled and I didn’t lose my AirPods. My other half hated the shorts, hence they were relegated to early morning dog walks..now they are consigned to the bin (the pocket was external and would not have been easy to mend, and the fabric was getting quite thin in the seat area).
We have a heat wave so I grabbed a shortsleeved shirt…by the wonderful Mr. Ben Sherman. I also bought that in Houston, probably early 2000s.
Should I be hanging on to clothes this long? What’s the oldest article of clothing you regularly wear?

i've got a denim shirt that must date from the early 90s - although it's a bit tight now, so can only wear it open with a t-shirt under it (although not sure it has 'regular use')

also not that regular, but i've got a jumper that's only fit for gardening now, but it's old enough to be from primark and have a 'made in england' label - must date from late 80s

Red boiled wool duffle type coat by Liz Claiborne. Bought it in 1995.it was big on me. Still able to wear it but not zipped. It comes out for December usually.
I thought it was so cosy and warm back then.but I wore 4 layers then in the winter.
Now I don't find it warm at all.

Wearing a top at the moment I bought in 1993. Wouldn't necessarily wear it outside (it's got a couple of holes) but fine for in the house.

Also wearing some trousers I bought early 2000s. A bit faded but otherwise fine.

(Absolutely hate clothes shopping so generally wear stuff until it literally falls apart...)

An absolutely ancient Barbour Durham wax jacket - found it in a charity shop in 1993. Still going strong, if in need of a little TLC from Barbour when I get round to sending it off - and almost black from rewaxing.

A manky old buffalo special 6 - bought aged 17, it's a bit more snug than it might have been 30 years ago, and a little threadbare in places, but it's an old friend.

Back
Top Bottom