Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Yeah, syringe the liquid into chicken or tuna, she's all good. No pills cos she has had teeth out.

I wouldn't like to have to try to directly syringe into her mouth out use a pill gun as she's a rescued stray and not one for being held, I'd need another person to help me and she would hate it.

I switched to credelio flea pills because doing drops on her neck was something she really hated. I stuff half a pill into a bit of chicken and she eats it no problems.

She is doing fine now, back to the vet tomorrow for hopefully a final check.

All clear from the vet today, no more metacam or antibiotics :)

I've said it before and will say it again, vets should offer a 'learn how to pill your cat' session. I know all mogs are difficult in their own way and behave differently for the vet than their people but it might be a start.
That would be great! Although yes, they do behave themselves more for the vet, the little tykes.

So far today Zoe has eaten:
  • Some grass from the garden (which she promptly threw up)
  • Some toast crumbs from my plate when I wasn't looking.

But I'd put money on her just sniffing and walking away from the fresh chicken I have just bought, because she suspects a pill may be hidden in it...

Put down some catnip on the floor for our visitor, Akiro. He was loving it. Rolling about all over the place. After watching for a good while, Rogue had enough. Came over and told him to get out of her flat.

PXL-20220127-233007465.jpg

PXL-20220127-233007632.jpg

We taught Toby how to play fetch! Now it's all he wants to do... :D

I made a short snippet of it:

View attachment 307839
That's wonderful!

My dearly departed Sonic used to LOVE playing fetch when he was young.
Like everything else he did, he was really intense about it. He'd decide when he wanted to play and look around the flat until he'd found a bit of paper, then bring it over and drop it on my foot. If I didn't immediately pay attention he would pick it up and drop it on my foot again, and if that didn't work, he'd start tapping my foot with his paw and waaaahing at me. When I'd look down at him he'd be staring at me with his little intense and serious face and then he'd make some happy huffing noises because I'd looked at him. Then the game of fetch would start, he could go on for hours.
My lovely little boy. 💔

That's wonderful!

Like everything else he did, he was really intense about it. He'd decide when he wanted to play and look around the flat until he'd found a bit of paper, then bring it over and drop it on my foot. If I didn't immediately pay attention he would pick it up and drop it on my foot again, and if that didn't work, he'd start tapping my foot with his paw and waaaahing at me. When I'd look down at him he'd be staring at me with his little intense and serious face and then he'd make some happy huffing noises because I'd looked at him. Then the game of fetch would start, he could go on for hours.
My lovely little boy. 💔

:( and ❤

Toby is turning out very similar, intense, vocal and doesn't want to stop!

That's wonderful!

My lovely little boy. 💔
Sounds like he was a wonderful character and very intelligent. You have been in my thoughts Epona.

Back
Top Bottom