Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Shocking picture below from this morning.
Not safe for the squeamish.
Here we have feral Harry facing his adversary Bloom’s brother Napoleon (Napoleon used to have first dibs in Wendy and Mick’s place behind Harry) so Napoleon has turned up with what looks like a rat! A fucking rat! And is showing Harry just what he’s capable of!
I think it was Tennyson who described nature as ‘red in tooth and claw’.

41A1E51F-5D70-4821-910B-F27CED149109.jpeg

That does look more like a grey squirrel to me too. Which is impressive for a cat as squirrels usually run rings around them.

Chloe and Rogue

PXL-20211009-104621657.jpg

Was out running in the dark this evening and caught a pair of cat's eyes staring at me from the overgrowth of an unlit path.

Went over for a little fuss, but the cat was clearly not in a good way. Couldn't move his back legs, and although not in that much pain, was just dragging himself around with his front legs. Phoned a friend who lives nearby, and they came up with a carrier to take them to the emergency vet.

As soon as we opened the carrier, the poor wee thing just dragged himself in and curled up in the towel at the bottom of it. The vet has phoned the owner and put the cat on oxygen, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully just an injury rather than something too serious, but I wouldn't have fancied its chances of lasting the night exposed and immobile with foxes everywhere.

Had to give Milo a massive hug as soon as I got home.

Well done for getting the poor lad to the vet and his family contacted - no matter what happens, I am sure it would be far worse for his family if he died under a bush somewhere and they never knew what happened. At least even if it comes to the worst they will be able to say goodbye and know that everything possible was done for him. (And there is always the possibility that it is an injury that looks worse than it is)

Was out running in the dark this evening and caught a pair of cat's eyes staring at me from the overgrowth of an unlit path.

Went over for a little fuss, but the cat was clearly not in a good way. Couldn't move his back legs, and although not in that much pain, was just dragging himself around with his front legs. Phoned a friend who lives nearby, and they came up with a carrier to take them to the emergency vet.

As soon as we opened the carrier, the poor wee thing just dragged himself in and curled up in the towel at the bottom of it. The vet has phoned the owner and put the cat on oxygen, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully just an injury rather than something too serious, but I wouldn't have fancied its chances of lasting the night exposed and immobile with foxes everywhere.

Poor little thing :( I hope he makes it.

Kudos to you and your mates for helping him.

Thank you for being there for this little guy. I hope they can treat him.

Back
Top Bottom