Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

:)

does she live there, or does she commute from wherever her hoomans live?

there's a health centre near there that has (or used to have) a cat that turned up every day

I think that is Lee Health Centre in Handen Road, there was sometimes a visiting cat lounging in the patients waiting room, they tried to discourage the cat, but I think he/she did more good than harm in giving patients a lift in their spirits.

This one is a classic where the box loving cat get given a tiny box while his friend gets the big one. The hurt look on his face is just so sad. Glad he gets his own box in the end (spoiler!)

Lovely, but I was a bit worried by the 'eyes right' at 1.16 - anything could have happened.

The vet surgery phoned today to cancel Sonic's vaccination appointment that we had booked for next Monday on account of there are problems with vaccine supply and delivery and they have run out :eek:

They are going to phone me when they have some in stock to rebook. We're already 2 months late due to them trying to stagger appointments due to a massive backlog of regular appointments that didn't take place during lockdown.

akiro and draco

PXL-20210922-202826108-NIGHT-01.jpg

Madam is curled-up happily by my feet just now but she’s not had a great weekend. She had a very disturbed stomach on Saturday and ate next to nothing and only a little on Sunday but today she’s much better and has eaten nearly normally today.

A little circle of feathers in the garden suggested she might have had her first bird in a long time - but they were also in the corner where the Sparrowhawk takes its prey and on Friday night I did try her on some different cat food, which may have disagreed with her?

I just heard some odd noises coming from the vicinity of the litter tray at the other end of the room - recognised the noises as Jakey hoiking poo out of the litter tray to play with it (I don't know why) - I called "Jakey!" and this nearly 15 year old cat leaps over the back of the other sofa in one bound and charges towards me, bounces off my stomach and continues to hurtle around the room at full speed.

To think he was at the vets a few weeks back with an injury that meant he couldn't jump and the vet's first response was "he's old, it's arthritis" - am glad I insisted on treatment as if it was a soft tissue injury (which it clearly turned out to be since a few days on anti-inflammatories and he was good as new and still is), I think I will notice when this boy starts to slow down!

(It brings me a lot of joy that both my remaining boys are still very lively, even if they do knock things over and use me like a trampoline). :)

Last edited:
So I see pets@home just launched their Xmas gifts for pets seasonal goodies :facepalm:

Does anyone buy Xmas gifts for their cats? Would a Vibrating Santa do it for you or your cat during the festive season?

Or is it just marketing gone mad?

(No guesses what my view is, the wee shites are happier with a cardboard box - or in Jakey's case, a bit of poo to bat around - than anything that I actually pay for)

So I see pets@home just launched their Xmas gifts for pets seasonal goodies :facepalm:

Does anyone buy Xmas gifts for their cats? Would a Vibrating Santa do it for you or your cat during the festive season?

Or is it just marketing gone mad?

(No guesses what my view is, the wee shites are happier with a cardboard box - or in Jakey's case, a bit of poo to bat around - than anything that I actually pay for)
Partner has fallen for it in the past :rolleyes:
As if they know what xmas is ffs

Back
Top Bottom