Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

There is something wrong with big Chloe. has been larthargic and lost her apatite. Almost a week now. Taken her to goddard vet. Did a blood test. has been given pro-kolin, apatite tablet. Anti-nausea jab. Nothing seems to be working. Took her to the RVC in camden today for second opinion. they gave her painkillers and said if things don't improve in next 10 days or so, then a scan of her abdomen would be the next step.

PXL-20210807-195338721.jpg

The hot/humid, muggy/heavy summer weather like we have been having recently can make my cat pretty lethargic and with not so much of an appetite. It usually rapidly returns to normal when it cools down a bit.

This is feral Harry on Vanessa’s doorstep directly opposite this morning.
Classic cat doorstep pose I reckon.
Harry has adopted our end of the road but he is owned by nobody, you might call him a freecat of the land. 🍗

View attachment 282829

My sis-in-law lived on a large crescent street in Nottingham for much of the 90s that had a communal moggy. Her house called him Billy but, after enquiries with the neighbours, discovered he went by several other monikers and had a routine as to whose turn it was to feed him dinner so he never outstayed him welcome in any one household.

My sis-in-law lived on a large crescent street in Nottingham for much of the 90s that had a communal moggy. Her house called him Billy but, after enquiries with the neighbours, discovered he went by several other monikers and had a routine as to whose turn it was to feed him dinner so he never outstayed him welcome in any one household.

Sounds like Harry.
And to an extent my mate Bloom who tarts himself up and down about ten houses round me.
If you take away the years an average person spends at work, or otherwise stressed and worried about coping with existence, I would guess cats have a better quality of life than we do

Sounds like Harry.
And to an extent my mate Bloom who tarts himself up and down about ten houses round me.
If you take away the years an average person spends at work, or otherwise stressed and worried about coping with existence, I would guess cats have a better quality of life than we do
That was the plot of a children's book I owned as a child - Inga Moore's Six Dinner Sid! The cat in that book lives the life of Riley with six different families - until he gets ill one day and gets six different vet trips, and is promptly rumbled.

Back
Top Bottom