Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

He's got a new, closer vantage point to watch me from:

50855922.9b992ae4.1600.jpg

:)

Allow me to introduce our local feral cat
I used to call him 'Rider of the Storm' after that line from the Doors masterpiece #a cat without a home#. Anyway he used to roundhouse all the local male cats big bruiser that he is.
My neighbour two doors down Wendy (partner called Mick) noticed him and called him Putin at first.
BTW Wendy and Mick don't have a cat but Blooms brother Napoleon visits them as Bloom visits me.
Anyway after a while Wendy started calling him Harry Potter and somehow got somebody over to our street to deal with the nadgers.
Since then she and now (I'm not a cat person but Wendy is) Mick call him Harry.
They actually feed him twice a day which is why the first picture is Harry on their doorstep.
He remains rather wild but visits Mick who sits on that doorstep and gives Harry a brush and a combing.20210705_144528.jpg
20210705_144550.jpg
20210705_144614.jpg20210705_144557.jpg

Allow me to introduce our local feral cat
I used to call him 'Rider of the Storm' after that line from the Doors masterpiece #a cat without a home#. Anyway he used to roundhouse all the local male cats big bruiser that he is.
My neighbour two doors down Wendy (partner called Mick) noticed him and called him Putin at first.
BTW Wendy and Mick don't have a cat but Blooms brother Napoleon visits them as Bloom visits me.
Anyway after a while Wendy started calling him Harry Potter and somehow got somebody over to our street to deal with the nadgers.
Since then she and now (I'm not a cat person but Wendy is) Mick call him Harry.
They actually feed him twice a day which is why the first picture is Harry on their doorstep.
He remains rather wild but visits Mick who sits on that doorstep and gives Harry a brush and a combing.View attachment 277005
View attachment 277006
View attachment 277008View attachment 277007
Handsome boy!

Looking at these pictures I realise my back windows need cleaning.
Anyway Bloom come in for a scrounge, then sits on my neighbours shed roof to scope things.
Then along the thin fence (you can’t say teeters…he is a cat) then jumps onto another shed roof and is off and away.
How come cats are able to judge the perfect optimum energy needed to jump then land so softly and perfectly?

(P.S. I have been posting on this thread a lot, and dominating it that way may well be pissing a lot of you off, or bore…shall I cut back a bit?).

87D8761E-BC0F-4713-B74C-EAAE3A407593.jpeg6F695846-8D26-46A4-9B27-3FB9DAC33202.jpegD7F6183E-A2B6-451B-A571-94331D8FB2A7.jpeg5D1539EE-C52E-4571-940C-B3D83BD83678.jpegA8ACE509-9825-452C-B260-AD6F0FD57A47.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking at there pictures I realise my back windows need cleaning.
Anyway Bloom come in for a scrounge, then sits on my neighbours shed roof to scope things.
Then along the thin fence (you can’t say teeters…he is a cat) then jumps onto another shed roof and is off and away.
How come cats are able to judge the perfect optimum energy needed to jump then land so softly and perfectly?

(P.S. I have been posting on this thread a lot, and dominating it that way may well be pissing a lot of you off, or bore…shall I cut back a bit?).

View attachment 277171View attachment 277172View attachment 277173View attachment 277174View attachment 277175
Nah, you're not dominating! Some people just have more photos to share than others and that's cool. It's a cat thread, so go for it!

Looking at these pictures I realise my back windows need cleaning.

View attachment 277171View attachment 277172View attachment 277173View attachment 277174View attachment 277175

The more the merrier.
This is the best thread here...
It certainly lifts my spirits seeing all the cats and kittens. 🙂

I only have vague recollections of it, as I remained half asleep. Nonetheless I think I got a bed cuddle for the first time in a while at some ungodly hour this morning. It's been too hot for too long, but she obviously got the urge.

Advice please
It's been 6 weeks since Kizzy and Misty have moved in, Misty is still hiding but not much can do about that

Some places say 4-6 weeks keeping new cats inside, partner wants to let Kizzy out and thinks it might chill them out and stop attacking her sister??

Obviously meant to leave them out when hungry so they come back for food

Would you take them outside, put them down and see or just open door and leave it to them?
Experience and advice welcome, thanks in advance

Live in terrace with gardens backing on, surrounding roads are not that quiet but not really busy either

Would you take them outside, put them down and see or just open door and leave it to them?
Experience and advice welcome, thanks in advance

would depend if kitty in question likes being picked up and carried. if they don't then definitely not.

i'd be inclined to open the back door, go outside and see if they want to join you and see where it goes from there

They don't mind being picked up and the only time they've struggled to get free is when I took them outside for a look at the garden (birds were possibly a factor)

Back
Top Bottom