Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Morning undergrowth visit!

50821710.a15bb35c.1600.jpg

I caught him sniffing interestedly about the cut-back bush yesterday but he was too quick for a photo!

This could well be bullshit, but on social media news is making the rounds that cats who have been fed dry cat food from a particular British pet food factory have died. Apparently there is a code on the packet which shows where the food was produced and it is GB218E5009. Maybe play it safe till more is known and check for that code. Something like that has happened not long ago with dog food, so is not out of the question.

Last edited:
This could well be bullshit, but on social media news is making the rounds that cats who have been fed dry cat food from a particular British pet food factory have died. Apparently there is a code on the packet which shows where the food was produced and it is GB218E5009. Maybe play it safe till more is known and check for that code. Something like that has happened not long ago with dog food.

It looks to me as if it is being investigated - personally I would rather err on the side of caution - it wouldn't be the first time that pet food has been contaminated and resulted in deaths of pets, and the condition is something that could be caused by something like heavy metal poisoning from contaminated food (maybe they got a bad batch of additives or something) - so I definitely think better safe than sorry.

This could well be bullshit, but on social media news is making the rounds that cats who have been fed dry cat food from a particular British pet food factory have died. Apparently there is a code on the packet which shows where the food was produced and it is GB218E5009. Maybe play it safe till more is known and check for that code. Something like that has happened not long ago with dog food, somit not out of the question.

Thanks, I've passed that on to my housemate.

Jakey has decided that his current favourite place in this hot weather is laying along the back of the sofa behind me. This is fine, the issue is that every time I move even slightly, some of his legs and often his tail end up hanging down between my back and the sofa and I have to fold them all back up before I can sit back! On a couple of occasions he has decided to place all 4 paws on my upper back and kind of brace himself against it :D He seems really comfortable but it's not great for me :D

I can't find a BBE or batch code on my 7.5kg bag of applaws dried food so if anyone else has this and knows where it should be, could you let me know please :)

someone else found it: on the back, printed sideways in between the different language sections. Mine was next to the CZ language section.

edit 2: My pack is affected and my cats have eaten most of a 7.5kg bag, should I be watching out for anything in particular (Pancytopenia is what the recall is about), should I take them to the vet as a precaution? The recall notice just says to return your food for a refund.

Last edited:
I can't find a BBE or batch code on my 7.5kg bag of applaws dried food so if anyone else has this and knows where it should be, could you let me know please :)

Likewise on the Royal Canin I have. I've looked all over the bag several times and can't see anything resembling that code, so I'm presuming we're OK.

Misty is STILL hiding! She went upstairs last night for quite a while, wondered what she was doing and only found out when going to bed that she had pissed on a pair of shorts that were on the floor and the floor next to it, quite a bit! :(
Going to get a feliway (sp?) later to try that

Applaws on the menu here too. Neela is part way through a bag.

Seems that symptoms can be fairly vauge but lethargy and loss of appetite are mentioned a lot. If you are worried call and discuss with your vet I reckon. Neela seems ok but very hard to say with cats. Lethargy in a creature that spends all day sleeping under a chest of drawers?! :rolleyes: will call the vet tomorrow to discuss unless they have something in their website

Vastra walked in just as I was starting my shavasana (aka lying there doing nothing) at the end of my yoga in the front room this morning. She let out an exclamatory 'Mrwwwep?' which might have been 'RUOK? but was more likely 'Wen u gonna feed me?' and proceeded to nuzzle my hand and head for the next few minutes. Not very yogic, but nice.

Bingo. Just dropped him off at the rescue place. He's neutered and chipped, so should find out tomorrow if it's a happy ever after.
View attachment 273958
It was the catnip teabag that did it in the end, not the food?
Must definitely have been a pet if neutered and chipped. Will be interesting to find out if someone's been missing him and there is a happy reunion!

Must definitely have been a pet if neutered and chipped. Will be interesting to find out if someone's been missing him and there is a happy reunion!
Got to the rescue centre and he went straight in the cat bed and looked at home. Giving the centre a ring on Monday to find out if they've been reunited. Nearest civilisation to me is 2 miles away, so it's had a good wander and hopefully not dumped. Bit I'd be surprised as its chipped/neutered and is a lovely friendly tat.

He looks in the same "bonkers cow cat" category as my late and much missed Radar. Cow cats are the bestest :)

Back
Top Bottom