Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Just as all this is happening, Paddy is 'not being himself'. :( Eating and using the tray OK, but sleeping more than usual and not being as lively/curious/demanding of food. This has been going on for a few days now.

I am going to have to phone the vet tomorrow.

Thankfully Paddy's perked up a bit and was following me downstairs at 2am demanding biscuits. Vet postponed for now.

I know this sounds a bit precious/woo but he seems even more stressed/jumpy than normal and I wonder if he has picked up that something's up. Little has changed in our house (neither of us works) but cats are very intuitive.

Getting more Feliway anyway. His withdrawn and stressed behaviour has coincided with it running out.

As I'm working from home now, I got an insight into how a cat spends their day. The entire morning and the first half of the afternoon she was asleep on the spare room bed. She came down for a cuddle around 2pm, but then become frustrated that I was working.

Nonetheless, she went outside to get me a present. This time it was properly dead and with relatively little blood spilt inside. However, as I was disposing of the body in the bin outside, I saw the avian apocalypse had taken place in my back yard:

Avian apocalypse.JPG

Last edited:
Mrs Pesh's new home office has squatters
33e8K.jpg

Puisin seems to be pleased that we are home more , but she did go out a bit longer today , probably wanted some me time. Mrs21 and our downstairs neighbour are feeding several ferals who visit most days (5 of them sometimes) we think one large ginger Tom (mrs21 calls him TimTam) is her son. An ex-neighbour who used to feed the ferals was a bit of an expert on the cat families in the back gardens .

A visitor today came in through our cat flap.

He didn't last long. Sylvia, for all her sweet delicate appearance turned into the cat version of Vinnie Jones and jumped him. The last I saw of him was Sylvia swiping his backside as he leapt out of the cat flap

There's no messing with my girl😎.
I don't think he'll be coming back...😂

I got a little card from the vet hospital a couple of days after Radar had been put to sleep, getting that card meant so much in such an awful time - cried my eyes out but it was a welcome thing. Put the card somewhere safe, just having an acknowledgement of your loss seems like it should be trivial but is actually enormous.

It doesn't get easier to cope with quickly, I still miss Radar and cry every day when I think about him. I had a dream about him for the first time the other night - the dream was about having him put to sleep, so it wasn't a nice dream, it was horrible. I hope I can eventually begin to find it a bit easier to cope with losing him, but it isn't something that is going to happen quickly if at all.

Last edited:
Cyd is getting better,her appetite is coming back and she is no longer apathetic about getting her medication.she has also decided that my cooker is the most comfortable bed in the flat even when im using it for its original purpose which can be disconcerting, I think she's still narked about the vets

Our cat got very attached to new au pair who arrived a fortnight ago but who we came to mutual decision to send home because clearly she needs to be with family; she left yesterday morning and Vastra stood at the top of the stairs as she saw her go out the front door with her suitcase with this 'But.... but...' look on her little face. Has been hanging out on au pair bed most of the time since :(

Back
Top Bottom