Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Molly is back from the vets after fluid therapy
Had a bandage around leg which we have taken off as instructed
She seemed not too bad considering and made it up and down the stairs a couple of times
Then we gave her Loxicom in her food as prescribed and firstly wouldn't eat it then did with a bit of fresh food on top, didn't have much but came out of the kitchen walking funny and her back legs were wobbly, she tried to get upstairs but stumbled and had to stop for a while, also seemed to be breathing heavily/weirdly. Then made it up the stairs and went to hide under bed.
Went to check on her after a while and she seemed very unresponsive and groggy.

Getting mixed messages about the Loxicom, one saying can cause renal failure and death so don't understand why the vet would prescribe this if kidney weakness was the original reason she went in :confused:

Anyone have any experience of loxicom?
Partner has also got some CBD for animals and not sure whether wooo or worth a try

Is there such a thing as a cat who doesn't purr, even if they're evidently very happy? I ask because I frequently meet Breezeblock* on my walk to work, and he's lovely. He's very affectionate, rubbing around my legs and face-brushing my hand. However, if I tickle under his chin, he doesn't object at all but I can't feel any vibrations.

*So named by me because of his huge build.

Is there such a thing as a cat who doesn't purr, even if they're evidently very happy? I ask because I frequently meet Breezeblock* on my walk to work, and he's lovely. He's very affectionate, rubbing around my legs and face-brushing my hand. However, if I tickle under his chin, he doesn't object at all but I can't feel any vibrations.

*So named by me because of his huge build.

have you checked the settings on his purr box?

8f9596d204175731a4071fd95a38c48c.jpg

AFAIK some cats don't purr at all, some others purr incredibly extra loudly, it's just an anatomy thing. No reflection on the cat's character or general happiness level.

Back
Top Bottom