Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

sorry to read the sadness on this thread :( we have just moved and i've not let the cats (winnie and pip) out yet (apart from a quick supervised garden explore at the weekend). they say keep em in for a couple of weeks don't they? then let them out when they're mega hungry and they'll come back. oh and leave the litter tray out for the smell. terrified, quite frankly.

in other news, i am googling kittens. now we have a bigger house it seems so very feasible :hmm: :hmm: and such a good idea :cool:

:facepalm: i need help, i really do, but there are some very cute ones not so far away :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've finally steeled myself to ring the council and they take any dead cats to the animal hospital. The animal hospital have his details, his chip number and my phone numbers. So if they haven't rung me, his dead body hasn't been scraped off a road.

I feel very cheered by this news. My boy is out there somewhere :)

It's the range of emotions that get me when they go walkabout trashy. No news is good news I suppose, it's trite but true.

So if my week or so weren't crazy enough, Wilbur managed to escape a closed room and got through the cat flap with his collar on leaving a terrifying trail of bloody smears down the back door. I've spotted him in the garden and been round to the neighbours with treats and a carrier but to no avail. Bad news bearing in mind he needs medicine. Had the back door open just to see if he will come in and he's come in at last. Had to be ninja like closing the door but he's been medicated at least now and I think his face looks better although I've not picked him up yet, building trust. Collar still on and he's not as grumpy as he was the other day spied in another garden.

Now can someone cut me some slack please.

Reactions: izz
sorry to read the sadness on this thread :( we have just moved and i've not let the cats (winnie and pip) out yet (apart from a quick supervised garden explore at the weekend). they say keep em in for a couple of weeks don't they? then let them out when they're mega hungry and they'll come back. oh and leave the litter tray out for the smell. terrified, quite frankly.

in other news, i am googling kittens. now we have a bigger house it seems so very feasible :hmm: :hmm: and such a good idea :cool:

:facepalm: i need help, i really do, but there are some very cute ones not so far away :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't get the kittens until the current brood are properly settled and are coming back again after being let out. New kittens might be too much to add to the move and if they're ever going to decide to fuck off and find a new home it would be then.

It's the range of emotions that get me when they go walkabout trashy. No news is good news I suppose, it's trite but true.

So if my week or so weren't crazy enough, Wilbur managed to escape a closed room and got through the cat flap with his collar on leaving a terrifying trail of bloody smears down the back door. I've spotted him in the garden and been round to the neighbours with treats and a carrier but to no avail. Bad news bearing in mind he needs medicine. Had the back door open just to see if he will come in and he's come in at last. Had to be ninja like closing the door but he's been medicated at least now and I think his face looks better although I've not picked him up yet, building trust. Collar still on and he's not as grumpy as he was the other day spied in another garden.

((((((((Mogden))))))))

((((((((Wilbur)))))))))

Our Tiggy is 21 today. :) She's just been to the vets for her annual check-up and boosters and is OK - the vets took a photo of her to go on their Facebook page!

She already has the key of the door, in the form of an electronic tag dangling from her collar.

cats really should get a telegram when they reach 21, shouldn't they? but who should be sending it?
th

Bastet, the Cat Goddess.

We only got a magazine and a parcel for my partner in the post today, so Bastet must have forgotten. ;)

Many sympathies, keep on keepin' on. Sending slack through the ether.

Keep 'em in for a month and/or let them out on leashes you know they can't get out of. Good luck all :thumbs:

Still no news trashpony?
One of our cats, the ginger boy, hasn't been home for over 24 hours now. He sometimes stays away for long periods but not this long. It's warm though and he likes hunting in the fields so I'm hoping he's stuffed on voles and sleeping it off.

Bit of drama at Chez Vôltáge the other day - let's be honest, the progress of integrating 2 young'ish boy cats and 1 mature lady cat isn't going as swimmingly as I'd hoped for but progress is being made

The boys love a lot of rough and tumble and FiFi is beyond this - preferring sleeping on our bed - she needs to be encouraged to go out and we leave the cat flap taped open as she's not got her head round opening the flap - this means that the boys are shut in their safe room whilst we're at work and she has the run of the house and as much or as little "outside" as she wants - which isn't much

But she has been outside on her own and can and does come and goes as she pleases

We're letting the boys spend more time out of their safe room - 2 1/2 hours in the morning and 3-4 hours in the evening and the interaction is "O. K." - there's a bit of swearing, a bit of chasing and cornering but NO stalking and no ripping chunks out of each other - in my mind they all just need to spend more and more time together and get them all to a stage where we can let them all outside - it's being cooped up in the house that's causing the minor problems

So to aid this - I decided that I'd shut the inside door to the house with FiFi outside :facepalm: - YES! I know - but I did it anyway

The boys had the run of the house for the day and they were noticeably calmer and less "full on" when I got home - but no sign of FiFi - and Mrs Volz - let's be very very kind and just say she was upset and no amount of my saying "Don't worry, she's alright and will be back in any time soon" made any difference

And it made no difference at 7.00pm either

or 8.00pm

or 9.00pm

or 10.00pm (which is LONG after or usual bed time given that Mrs Voltz has a 5.00am get up to go to work time)

Still after 10.00 but some time before 11.00 Mrs Voltz gets up and goes down stairs to put some food out for FiFi should she decide to come back after a day and most of the evening out "on the lash"

I then hear "So THERE you are young lady - and where have you been - you've worried us sick"

So alls well that ends well - Phew!

Still no news trashpony?
One of our cats, the ginger boy, hasn't been home for over 24 hours now. He sometimes stays away for long periods but not this long. It's warm though and he likes hunting in the fields so I'm hoping he's stuffed on voles and sleeping it off.
No, nothing. Two weeks now. :(
Am going to ring round the vets again today, put up new posters and extend my leafleting campaign radius. I went to the park last night (had a babysitter) and called him for ages and ages but nothing. I can't really go walkabout in the night because of the foal

No, nothing. Two weeks now. :(
Am going to ring round the vets again today, put up new posters and extend my leafleting campaign radius. I went to the park last night (had a babysitter) and called him for ages and ages but nothing. I can't really go walkabout in the night because of the foal
:( how are the foal and Loki doing?

The foal is okay but Loki is in a bit of a state. He's like velcro cat and keeps miaowing very plaintively at me. He's normally a fairly silent cat so this is very out of character.

trashpony can you get a lead / collar on Loki? and could you take him for a walk around?

I am trying to get some last minute work done. Idiot cat is not having it.
98a7841009f56565309aa274242fe331.jpg

It he seems quite happy when I use him for a laptop stand
dc64225ac90e552910ef0d2ab5bf9258.jpg

Careful, people have burned their own legs and balls due to laptop heat!

trashpony - I really hope he is OK somewhere and comes home soon - just an extended walkabout, he'll stroll in like nothing has happened, wondering where his dinner is. I am not a big believer in anything superstitious but I have all my fingers crossed for you xx

Back
Top Bottom