Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

It's been an exciting few days for Sophie, she has been outside for the first time since we've had her (3 months now) and possibly a lot longer. She has come in now and gone upstairs for a little kip. Jimmy is also on the bed.

It's been an exciting few days for Sophie, she has been outside for the first time since we've had her (3 months now) and possibly a lot longer. She has come in now and gone upstairs for a little kip. Jimmy is also on the bed.
I take it she enjoyed it ? Did you have her on a leash or were you happy she wouldn't make a break for freedom ?

I take it she enjoyed it ? Did you have her on a leash or were you happy she wouldn't make a break for freedom ?

She seemed to enjoy it. The first time she went out, butchers kept his eye on her in the garden and made sure she didn't go over the wall (our garden is walled on all sides but only one side is low enough for the cats to jump onto). The second time (this morning) we let her go over the wall, but she came back. It's taken her 3 months to come downstairs on her own, so I didn't think she was likely to run for it.

She seemed to enjoy it. The first time she went out, butchers kept his eye on her in the garden and made sure she didn't go over the wall (our garden is walled on all sides but only one side is low enough for the cats to jump onto). The second time (this morning) we let her go over the wall, but she came back. It's taken her 3 months to come downstairs on her own, so I didn't think she was likely to run for it.
Bladdy Marvlous, glad she had a good time. Bob took a long time to get the courage to go outdoors and then immediately found a place to hide, we didn't see him for days.

Mr.Kippers had a nice holiday in the Dales (much of it spent in the bedroom!)though I wish I had caught the look of absolute disgust and effrontery when my Mum dared to tickle his head :D

10906123_10152564497456500_1069753607166744477_n.jpg

10897082_10152565234806500_5925805964415504227_n.jpg

10906231_10152587081356500_9200973435609085553_n.jpg

10891583_10152562479671500_5177494236655921171_n.jpg

Our kitten, Oshawott, is settling in really well now, despite spending the first 10 days with us up a chimney/under the kitchen sink/behind the bed in the spare room. It's so lovely to have a cat again! (Our last mog, Freddy, was put down about 18 months ago.) She is the sweetest cat I've ever had, too - she actually cuddles me with her paws, nuzzles my face and lies on me all evening, every evening. Very satisfactory :cool: I've only ever had grumpy old rescue cats before. She is a rescue - was dumped in a box just before Christmas - but very young so not much emotional baggage I suppose.

Wrt names, she got called Oshawott for about 5 minutes. Now she is: Osh, Oshie, Oshkins, Osh Kosh B'Gosh, Squash, Baby Thing, Tiny Thing, The Mighty Bosh, Stinky and (this one by my small son only) Catty.

20141219_191852.jpg 20141219_191311.jpg 20141224_152351.jpg

Stalking our snake in the last one :hmm:

<grumble, grumble, grumble> If he carries on his whinging like he is and not eating breakfast I might have to "take up him the top garden" :eek:

;) - just for effect you realise, try to make him eat something that's good for him, the little shit

Arrrrgggh!

Now he's eaten "yesterdays" food which I put down again - the food yesterday that he didn't like, now he does

Lucky for him I'm off for the rest of the week on training so won't be here for him to manipulate - he'll just have to eat what's put down for him (which he will, of course)

On Sunday, me and the foal made a rocky road christmas house and decorated it with mini marshmallows. Yesterday morning he said that the cats had pulled off some of the mini marshmallows off the path and I helped him put them on again. I thought they'd just fallen off though but humoured him.

This morning there are no mini marshmallows on the house on one side AT ALL - the side the cats can get to. They are all on the floor. FFS why would cats do that? :facepalm: :confused:

The foal said they've done him a favour because he doesn't really like them :D

Top tip to anyone who has an elderly cat that doesn't always have the best appetite - smell counts for a lot in triggering cats to eat. I have trouble scraping my lot off me when I am eating something really smelly like mackerel (in fact that was the only time I just gave up and let them snatch it off my plate, because I was tired of the running battle!)

You may not want to be feeding your cat mackerel, but try sticking their food in a microwave for a few seconds to heat it a bit, which will release more aroma.

On Sunday, me and the foal made a rocky road christmas house and decorated it with mini marshmallows. Yesterday morning he said that the cats had pulled off some of the mini marshmallows off the path and I helped him put them on again. I thought they'd just fallen off though but humoured him.

This morning there are no mini marshmallows on the house on one side AT ALL - the side the cats can get to. They are all on the floor. FFS why would cats do that? :facepalm: :confused:

The foal said they've done him a favour because he doesn't really like them :D
My sister's cat likes marshmallow and mushrooms for batting around the floor :)

cut up a raw chicken earlier, madamme assisted by yelling at me until I deposited the skin, diced into mouth sized pieces, at her feet. then yelled at me until i[d presented her with every scrap that could be scraped off the bones.

Back
Top Bottom