Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

It's amazing how fluids can perk them up....I suppose it flushes a lot of toxins out of the body.

Sleeping on the sofa with him tonight sounds like a good plan as you won't get much restful sleep if you're not in the same room as him as you'll be worrying about him. I've been in that situation too often myself.
I'd had the vet say to me once that having impaired kidney function feels sort of like having a low level virus all the time. So they definitely perk up a bit with the fluids. I'm so happy Jakey took to it, my old cat would just growl through the whole experience and I had to give up on it.

I've just got back from a week away and someone has put flea treatment on Ken. I'm fuming. I suspected someone had put some on ryu before I went but couldn't be sure. It's in the same spot on their right shoulder, which is a totally inappropriate place that they can reach, and they wear prescription strength flea collars so shouldn't have any more chemicals anyway. Not to mention they are my fucking cats. I'm pretty sure I know who it was, a lunatic who lives to the back of me so I'm going round there tomorrow.

😡😡😡😡

I've just got back from a week away and someone has put flea treatment on Ken. I'm fuming. I suspected someone had put some on ryu before I went but couldn't be sure. It's in the same spot on their right shoulder, which is a totally inappropriate place that they can reach, and they wear prescription strength flea collars so shouldn't have any more chemicals anyway. Not to mention they are my fucking cats. I'm pretty sure I know who it was, a lunatic who lives to the back of me so I'm going round there tomorrow.

😡😡😡😡
Fucking busybody, Polly. Give 'em hell.

Vet wants Jakey back in again tomorrow for a 3rd day, apparently "the bag of fluids is open, might as well use it as it won't cost any more" so going to take him in again.

That means his leg is still bandaged tonight and I'm going to have to look after him on the sofa for a 2nd night, last night he managed to wee all over me with what must have been a very full bladder, I actually had a dream that I was going swimming and woke up to find myself just a tad wet, I did have an incontinence pad down just in case so most of it went on that but I still got a fair bit on my t-shirt as he was snuggled right up close to me.

I'm so tired, the sofa is not that comfortable and I didn't sleep well.

Jakey seems to be OK though, other than struggling to get around a bit due to his bandaged up leg - they bandage it in a bent position, I think because if they bandaged it straight and the cat jumped down from something it could damage the joints? At least that seems to be the most logical explanation, I didn't think to ask as there were other more important questions.

Vet wants Jakey back in again tomorrow for a 3rd day, apparently "the bag of fluids is open, might as well use it as it won't cost any more" so going to take him in again.

That means his leg is still bandaged tonight and I'm going to have to look after him on the sofa for a 2nd night, last night he managed to wee all over me with what must have been a very full bladder, I actually had a dream that I was going swimming and woke up to find myself just a tad wet, I did have an incontinence pad down just in case so most of it went on that but I still got a fair bit on my t-shirt as he was snuggled right up close to me.

I'm so tired, the sofa is not that comfortable and I didn't sleep well.

Jakey seems to be OK though, other than struggling to get around a bit due to his bandaged up leg - they bandage it in a bent position, I think because if they bandaged it straight and the cat jumped down from something it could damage the joints? At least that seems to be the most logical explanation, I didn't think to ask as there were other more important questions.
Good luck tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom