Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your best buys of the plague year

I’ve been treating myself to chocolate and fancy picnic type snacks for the weekend as part of my weekly shop. Not usually what I’d buy but it’s a nice treat as sort of gives me something to look forward to.

Forgot my other best buy - 3 bamboo fibre bra tops, sold at local health food store. So fucking comfortable and it's really not like my boobs need underwiring.

Forgot my other best buy - 3 bamboo fibre bra tops, sold at local health food store. So fucking comfortable and it's really not like my boobs need underwiring.
I have no experience of bamboo fibre bras, but I have had bamboo socks, that my toe nails have gone through in a few wears.

There was 5 films?
Yup, the last one was from 2016 and it’s little more than a fan made movie, even though Coscarelli was still involved. He directed the first 4 and they are of variable quality but always fun.

The first one scared the shit out of me when it came out in 1979. Otherwise I’ve only seen part of the first sequel before and I watched all of them last week.

The Phantasm films used nightmares as the basis for horror films a few years before the Nightmare on Elm St. films and they still feel more unsettling now. Unlike Freddy, The Tall Man never turned into a clown.

Last edited:
So, what purchases have served you well so far?

My top buy has definitely been stupidly expensive Mahabi slippers - my feet get cold easily, so I need something on them, and I've basically lived in the buggers as they are ridiculously comfy and you can even nip down to the corner shop on them without feeling daft.

Subscription to Down Dog yoga app also got more than its moneysworth.

Why are you so very annoying and smug?

weed seeds.
Chelated iron - looking at my yellowing chaenomeles and magnolias has made me a little bit ashamed.
A massive, second-hand 5mx5m gazebo...which will be repurposed into a fruit cage after yet another year of supporting gigantic broods of obese blackbirds, with not a single cherry heading mouthwards.
A rotary cutter - dozens of masks made for family and neighbours, cut out with blunt kitchen scissors, sent me scurrying towards Sew Essential - how did I manage without one?

This isn’t a buy for me but I get to use it - the gf’s new exercise bike finally arrived.

53147B72-DAEB-450C-8FB3-CF911F551B4E.jpeg

It uses air as the resistance.

Why are you so very annoying and smug?
I wasn’t going to get involved here, but checking back through your posts* I see you’re no stranger to telling other posters off when you think they’re out of line.
This is an unprovoked personal attack. Cloo may have responded below with far more grace than you deserved, but the fact remains that it is completely unacceptable to insult someone’s personality, based off an entirely pleasant and innocuous OP. Perhaps you don’t value basic courtesy. Perhaps you were drunk (started early? very late night?) but Cloo is a well-loved member of our community, both online and in person for well over fifteen years and she deserves to be defended from nasty attempts at bullying.

*I went looking through your posts because I genuinely thought a drive-by spite-bomb like yours has the hallmarks of one of our past man-child trolls.

Back
Top Bottom