Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your best buys of the plague year

Pretty sure it won't cover boilers

e2a: "The Treasury says the vouchers can pay for 'green improvements such as loft, wall and floor insulation', while Business Secretary Alok Sharma has indicated that double-glazing will also be included. The Government hasn't yet given a complete list, so other improvements may also be covered – though MSE founder Martin Lewis has had a tip-off that it's unlikely new boilers will be included. We'll update this story when we have full info."
Ha!
That’s the problem I need to get one sorted, I am concerned that if everyone wants new boilers there will be a longer waiting list. I would have done this last year but hospitalisation put all on the back burner. No pun intended.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it won't cover boilers

e2a: "The Treasury says the vouchers can pay for 'green improvements such as loft, wall and floor insulation', while Business Secretary Alok Sharma has indicated that double-glazing will also be included. The Government hasn't yet given a complete list, so other improvements may also be covered – though MSE founder Martin Lewis has had a tip-off that it's unlikely new boilers will be included. We'll update this story when we have full info."
from the link i quoted :

What is the Government energy saving grant?
Rishi Sunak will give grants worth a total £2 billion for energy-efficient home improvements, including installing insulation, double glazing and replacing old boilers.

from the link i quoted :

What is the Government energy saving grant?
Rishi Sunak will give grants worth a total £2 billion for energy-efficient home improvements, including installing insulation, double glazing and replacing old boilers.

Don't trust the ES. That was published on the day the announcement was made, funny that no other journalists or indeed anyone else has since found any indication that boilers are included.

Upped my tablet to a Samsung s5e...128gb, 6gb ram and a lush screen.......10.5in

Its very slim , the metal case means its hard to grip...Ive had to put some silicon armour on it with a backstrap, so its more comfortable in the hand with less chance of dropping it , but its back to tubby.

Lockdown time has been getting broken things fixed time for us. So we've sorted .....

New fridge and new washing machine :)
Because both the ancient predecessors died disastrously within a fortnight of each other :eek:
Also, between us, we fixed the broken loo-cistern -- new parts only cost about £20= in total, but an essential!! job despite the complete faff of doing it ....
Just the temperature gauge wired up to the boiler to sort out now -- we have hot water but no central heating atm, good job it's July! :D

Most weeks, I've been ordering quality bottled beer from our friend's brewery near us -- he'll deliver :D
(Plus occasional scrumpy made by another local friend of ours)

Not much else!! We've saved plenty :cool:
Enough to tax and insure The Van without debt in April.
Plus enough (last fixing thing) to buy a new shower soon, it's been dead for nearly two years :oops: (the bath works fine!!!)

A couple of biggish purchases right at the beginning of lockdown are alright but not as amazing or essential as I thought they would be (weighted blanket and noise-cancelling headphones).
Handsdown winner for great value/enjoyment/satisfaction/usefulness has got to be the jar of chopped garlic I bought with my last supermarket shop before lockdown.

Berghaus Air 8 - suitable for family camping, 2 adults and 4 kids (the eldest of whom is 6ft 2 and a second row forward). The tent will henceforth be known as "my massive erection".

Making its debut on Monday, 4 nights away..

Also some debt cleared, and some garden landscaped (by me. Go me.)

Back
Top Bottom