Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup Final 2023: England V Spain

Why were we relying on our centre forward to do a last ditch saving tackle?
38cbe7067a8aaacf00d76e35b47b06d4.jpg

Arguably goes double for a centre-forward in your own penalty area...

She wasn't the last defender. Yellow.
Not sure 'last defender' is exactly the rule these days, but either way, still quite a risk in a World Cup final. 80 min mark? Maybe. Half way through the first half? Still plenty of time to get back into it.

<edit: in fact, given the move literally led to a goal, it would be hard to argue it wasn't "denying a goal-scoring opportunity" >

Was that Greenwood bombing in on the left? Appreciate it's probably a) the harder pass and b) to a defender rather than a striker, but possibly the wrong decision to play to Toone.

I wonder how the Spanish players who ruled themselves out of the squad, in protest about the coach, feel about it now.

I wonder how the Spanish players who ruled themselves out of the squad, in protest about the coach, feel about it now.
Weirdly, even if they weren't playing England, this would be a reason I don't want them to win, as it feels rough for players who took a stand to be punished so severely by fate.

Spain were always going to have more possession. We're alright. We've got goals in us. Lucy needs to not fuck about again though :D

Back
Top Bottom