Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup betting tips

I am going to do a blog each day highlighting any world cup bets for the day that I think are overpriced etc.

The blog is here - http://bit.ly/b2TBYH

My tip for the day is for the first goal in the South Africa vs Mexico game being scored by a direct free kick or corner - its 18/1!

With that new ball I reckon this could be a very high scoring tournie, and direct free kicks are going to be like when you were a kid and were playing in goal using one of those plastic balls you would buy from a garage. :cool:

Anyway else got any betting tips?

I dunno tbh but there are only 6 ways to score - shot from inside the box (8/11), header (4/1), shot from outside the box (4/1), Penalty (10/1), Own Goal (16/1), Direct from Free Kick or Corner (18/1)

Whilst its unlikely it will be a direct from a corner, there *has* to be value in a Direct from free kick - surely!

I'd say penalty at 10/1 - not that I'd ever do this sort of bet. Personally I'd rather bet on last goal (if you can) as that way your bet lasts longer.

Surely it's 'Direct from Free Kick' or 'Corner' rather than Direct from 'Free Kick or Corner'? :confused:

I think its either - direct from a corner with no other touch, or a direct free kick.

Quite why they are priced the same though I have no idea....

Carlos Vela or Steven Pienaar might be a good bet for scoring too.

My tip for the England game is bet with Paddy Power, you get any losing bets refunded if Rooney scores, there has to be a fair chance of that happening so a good covering bet.

Uruguay to get the most red cards in the tournament 16/1

Other ones to look at: Argentina 14/1 and Serbia 18/1

Stojkovic of Serbia is 50/1 to concede the least goals.

The back 4 in front of him includes Ivanovic of Chelsea and Vidic of Man Utd.

They also qualified ahead of France and only conceded 8 goals in qualifying

but got zero points in the last world cup and conceded six in one game.

Stojkovic has been receiving a lot of criticism for the way he's played this season. He seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence atm and had a couple of absolute stinkers in the warm-up friendlies.

but got zero points in the last world cup and conceded six in one game.

I wouldn't put much weight at all on previous competition form or H2H's. The squads and managers are completely different 2-4 years down the line. Especially in the case of the Yugoslav teams who've seen their countries split and form independent teams.

I still think Serbia are dark horses for the tournament, and capable of getting a result against anyone on their day. It's a shame that Vučinić decided to play for Montenegro instead, he and Zigic would have been a lethal partnership up front, which I see as Serbia's weakest area at this tournament.

I'd also argue that Italy winning four years ago was a bit of a shock, mostly because their team wasnt very good.

Argentina to score most goals might be a good bet , they are apparently playing with effectivly 5 strikers according to an argentinian source of mine .

I'd also argue that Italy winning four years ago was a bit of a shock, mostly because their team wasnt very good.

there's not much expectation in italy this time round, no *great* individuals in the team apart from buffon really but lippi is an excellent manager.

Argentina to score most goals might be a good bet , they are apparently playing with effectivly 5 strikers according to an argentinian source of mine .

i think robinho might do well. brazil are in with north korea so should rack up a few in that game.

Back
Top Bottom