Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

How I learned that night and day are totally different... how I learned that Equatorial Guinea and Baffin Bay are not the same... etc...

If that is a house, then the mittern belongs too. It could be that the ice cream cone does not belong, because these are not usually in a house.

I initially thought that you had invented that.
Did not the proof reader think that there was somehing fishy about a school being "off the coast"? And it turns out that it got the wrong county, too.
Does explain why it was closed though.

Reactions: PTK
Basically, Donna Ferguson writes an article about someone she'd never heard of and, with typical Guardian arrogance, assumes no one else could have heard of Ann Radcliffe either.
Guardian writers are terrible for this. Everything they and their posh mates have done is the British experience. Unless it's something genuinely remarkable and then they're just better than everyone else.

Urban outing?

If I didn’t know this bellend tax-dodger Chiles was real I’d think this a (poor) comedy sketch…

No its not 'teething troubles', just shit.

At this year’s Labour party conference, health secretary Wes Streeting opened his DJ set at one late-night party with the feminist anthem Independent Women by Destiny’s Child. It was a tribute to Rachel Reeves, who was standing nearby.
<reaches for the sick smiley>

Reactions: Sue
Hypocrisy or what.
Today's paper features an article about trophy hunting, using animals for entertainment etc and 2 pages further on it shows a picture of a lipizzaner horse in full flight, which feels more like promotion as opposed to condemnation. 🤔

They blame environmental problems on other people. The readers also need to be told how common they actually are because they still use liquid soap. Obviously, also, their obsession with avocados beggars belief.

Not read it, and it might be really informative from a health pov but jeez this title 😳

I don't have a problem with it. "Perkiness" is what most women consider when deciding whether or not to wear a bra. Some women feel discomfort wearing bras but still wear them, even at home, for the terror of not having perky tits. And it is the perkiness they're concerned about, not actual breast health.

I gave up on bras, except when out for social occasions, when I was about 32. A lot of women I know force themselves into them because they think it will help.

And they aren't larger-breasted women who genuinely wear them for comfort when moving around or even just feel more comfortable in them overall, because they should wear bras regardless of any future perkiness. They are women of any breast size feeling discomfort from their bras and still wearing them when they don't need to because they think maybe they'll have perkier tits when they're older.

The older "them" keeps being the older them, so there's no point at which they can stop feeling strangled and pinched, except maybe a few days before they die they can look down and say "oh fuck, it didn't actually work did it?"

It's a very short article and not well-written - it puts one POV then another then stops. There really isn't a lot of real research, basically.

Back
Top Bottom