Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where are you on the transport network?

"Warriors" - yes , but slightly different in that they used in part the "QB" , which had a slightly differing route in those days.! - Just a it different in the condition of the rolling stock today , and it looks like you are on an R44 or R46 set which is old by NYC standards , and unlike 1979 , has air con !!!
I have no desire at all to go to America, least of all NYC. But if I did, I would do that journey.

davesgcr I just watched all of that film - I misread the post and thought the whole thing was 20 minutes :D
It was a very meditative hour though!

Been lucky enough to have a few official cab rides on the subway back in the last century - Happy Memories - the "F" to Coney Island was brilliant and the "E" to what was then the Word Trade Center.... the motormen as they were called then were utter characters.

Addendum:

Everyone’s fine btw. I was on my own.

The tough bit was waiting for an hour for the old bill to turn up, in 38 degrees with no shade. Suleyman (the blue shirt who hit me) and his wife and sister, were very kind, and broke out chilled water by the side of the motorway. Me and Kris are having dinner at their gaff on Tuesday, at their insistence. ❤️

View attachment 340993

Main road between Marmaris and Antalya.

The geezer in the blue shirt is just about to have to explain to the traffic plod, why he just rear-ended me through a red light 😩

Not being a linguist I wonder if anyone could tell me what ‘ Traf K Polisi’ on a police car deployed to a collision is in English. Turkish is such a difficult language…

Not being a linguist I wonder if anyone could tell me what ‘ Traf K Polisi’ on a police car deployed to a collision is in English. Turkish is such a difficult language…

When they turned-up I was a bit concerned that it might be the Air Force.

My fears were allayed by the professional manner in which I was breathelised.

tq3a.JPG

Dawlish. New sea wall under construction, will hopefully stop the train line falling into the sea. Again.

The raindrops on the train window are not raindrops, but spray from the sea. Pretty normal for waves to come over the old sea wall and hit the trains when the tide is in.

Back
Top Bottom