Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

When the only real choice is to vote Lid Dem - or Spunking Cock

High Voltage

In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters
Right, I'm not looking for a row or what a twat I am or anything else like that - what I'm looking for is some genuine heart felt alternative opinions

I live in the Wells, Somerset ward - it's been Tory for the last 87 years and last general election Tessa Munt got elected by 800 votes - one of which was mine

If you put ALL of the other parties, including Labours votes together you get the square root of fuck all so this appears to be a 2 horse race

It will be a cold day in hell before I'd vote Tory - but with what the Lib Dems did last election I feel that they're basically Tory Lite (and not that lite to be honest) - so voting Lib Dem really is sticking in my throat - even if Tessa did "rebel" a few times

So, politicos of Urban - your thoughts, views and opinions

Yes, there are other options but none of them stand a chance - the Greens got something like <2% of the votes cast and given that the Lib Dem only got in by 800 votes - - - Arrrgh! I just don't want a fucking Tory getting in

Yes, there are other options but none of them stand a chance - the Greens got something like <2% of the votes cast and given that the Lib Dem only got in by 800 votes - - - Arrrgh! I just don't want a fucking Tory getting in

Picture the elation on the faces of all those Lib Dem twats on election night. Can you stomach that? Or will you help to finish them off?

Picture the elation on the faces of all those Lib Dem twats on election night. Can you stomach that? Or will you help to finish them off?
terminator-3-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

a cyborg stalks lib dem hq in the near future

I'm in a similar constituency. I'm not voting Lib Dem to keep the Tory out. They're equally responsible for the last five years. To all intents and purposes, voting Lib Dem is voting Tory.

And that's my problem, right there

bone up on electoral law

Imagine you're talking to a complete and utter political infant - so, in words of one syllable explain or point me in some direction because I really don't understand where that's going

And that's my problem, right there

Imagine you're talking to a complete and utter political infant - so, in words of one syllable explain or point me in some direction because I really don't understand where that's going
what i am suggesting is you read up on electoral law so you can try to get the 'winning' candidate disqualified on some technicality

Why is it a problem? Vote for someone else in the knowledge that you're stuck with a Tory (yellow or blue). Then sit back and enjoy the Lib Dem meltdown on TV.

I live in the Wells, Somerset ward - it's been Tory for the last 87 years and last general election Tessa Munt got elected by 800 votes - one of which was mine

I did the same five years ago in nearby Taunton, helping the particularly blue Lib Dem Jeremy Browne hold it. I justify it to myself by saying it helped prevent a Tory majority.

I'm now in a very safe Tory seat and so I've given myself more freedom to vote as I really want.

Dunno really.

I live in Berkshire, and (apart from Reading /Slough) most of it is pretty safe tory seats. The lib dems have campaigned for years on "the tories can't win here / it's a two horse race" line - and as such did manage briefly to get control of some of the councils when the tories were at their lowest ebb.

This no doubt being partly due to many people who were anywhere to the left of the tories voting LD on a tactical basis. (I regret to announce that I did in 2005 but not in 2010 as I thought then that the LD's were getting too close to the tories.)

Since the lib dems joined the tories at westminster in 2010, the local lib dem vote has shrunk in a big way, the labour / green vote has gone up a bit, and the tories have got bigger majorities / more council seats.

Gut feeling is if somewhere was a tory / lib dem marginal in 2010, it's now a safe tory seat unless there's a very strong ukipper who will split the tory vote.

I suggest the 'draw a cock on the paper' option, although as i've said before, I do fear that it might be interpreted as a vote for the tory incumbent...

:(

Right, I'm not looking for a row or what a twat I am or anything else like that - what I'm looking for is some genuine heart felt alternative opinions

If you put ALL of the other parties, including Labours votes together you get the square root of fuck all so this appears to be a 2 horse race

It will be a cold day in hell before I'd vote Tory - but with what the Lib Dems did last election I feel that they're basically Tory Lite (and not that lite to be honest) - so voting Lib Dem really is sticking in my throat - even if Tessa did "rebel" a few times

similar here next door in N Devon, between Lib Dem ( SIR Nick Harvey ) and Tory ( new trough shnuffler, Peter Heaton Jones ) , very close by looks of it, Tory's v active chasing a marginal, UKIP are going to nick a fair few of their votes ( chairman Steve Crowther is the candidate, and is deffo from the more credible / authoritative end of that shower imo - although I'm a bit suspicious as to why they keep him away from the cameras/meejah so much, rubbish goatee aside) , but suspect they're going to take votes from Lib Dems as well ( Lab 4th behind UKIP last time ) .

I like the Communist candidate (CPB), cousin of my kids ex head mistress and proper old school Morning Star , but as usual , I won't be voting, and hope to see the turnout decrease ( was slightly up last time ), the lower the vote, the less credibility it all holds, and maybe helps create more space for people to think about real alternatives w/o getting sidetracked waiting to put the next 'x' besides a near identical politico in 5 yrs time etc ( I learnt this theory from Russell Brand, obvs, so might need a bit more time to develop it) .

If you live in a tory/lib dem marginal, it's the political equivalent of living in a safe tory seat. So do whatever you'd do in a safe tory seat (spunking cock, monster raving loony, go to the pub)
This. Your vote is essentially worthless.

Maybe spend the time doing something more worthwhile.

Could always go down the polling station, get your ballot paper, say thank-you very much and then just walk out with it! They don't like that. Such fun.
The people at the polling station don't care what you do. They are just council workers getting the chance of some overtime. Even the checkers on the door won't be too bothered because each of them will represent a different party, that is if there are even any checkers there unless it is a close race.

I would consider voting Tory to punish the Lib-dems depending on how vile they are.
Now that is talking tactical voting to the extreme. It makes no sense because the main criticism of the LibDems is that they are too Tory. Perhaps your political compass has become corrupted.

The people at the polling station don't care what you do.

Hmmm...not sure that's entirely correct. Each polling station will have a Presiding Officer in place to act on behalf of the Returning officer to ensure that Electoral Law is maintained etc. One core responsibility involves ensuring that issued ballot papers are placed in the ballot box; at the close of polling their numbers have to tally.

Although your ballot paper is yours, I'm pretty certain that to walk off with it would constitute an offence and the official in charge would at least be required to challenge such an attempt.

Hmmm...not sure that's entirely correct. Each polling station will have a Presiding Officer in place to act on behalf of the Returning officer to ensure that Electoral Law is maintained etc. One core responsibility involves ensuring that issued ballot papers are placed in the ballot box; at the close of polling their numbers have to tally.

Although your ballot paper is yours, I'm pretty certain that to walk off with it would constitute an offence and the official in charge would at least be required to challenge such an attempt.

Sadly, if the guy in the picture ever does shoot a bunch of liberals it probably won't be because he wants to initiate a glorious revolution.

Now that is talking tactical voting to the extreme. It makes no sense because the main criticism of the LibDems is that they are too Tory. Perhaps your political compass has become corrupted.
I can think of how a tactical Tory vote could be explained rationally.

The Tories and Lib Dems are the only options....for now. The LibDems as a party are finished and it's possible at the next election after this one that the party will be in even worse shape. Voting Tory and causing them to lose yet another seat might hasten the demise of the party overall, and will leave a void for another party to fill for the non-Tory voters. That void could be filled by the Green or another progressive party.

Vote Tory to keep the Lib Dems out. It makes sense :)

Back
Top Bottom