Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pork loin with potatoes cooked in the oven as they say here in garlic and white wine with carrot rice . With a desert , half a litre of white wine and a coffee 7 euros 50 cents . I’ve put a beef curry in the slow cooker for tomorrow as it’s forecast rain . Very difficult to get naan breads here .

That sounds like a bit of a bargain for the price, at least compared to food prices around here :D

I've made flatbreads of sorts in a frying pan before now using very basic ingredients - not quite a naan bread to go with your curry tomorrow but if you have some flour and a pan it is easy to knock up something really quick and quite acceptable to go with it

That sounds like a bit of a bargain for the price, at least compared to food prices around here :D

I've made flatbreads of sorts in a frying pan before now using very basic ingredients - not quite a naan bread to go with your curry tomorrow but if you have some flour and a pan it is easy to knock up something really quick and quite acceptable to go with it
Please send recipe or get a flight here

I do these too, with roughly equal amounts of self raising flour and Greek yogurt (or plain flour and a bit of baking powder), can loosen with a splash of milk if necessary. With good chutney it’ll do nicely instead of naans, could perk them up with herbs

Please send recipe or get a flight here

Very simple one, no yoghurt required (I'd suggest brushing softened butter/garlic butter/olive oil on them when warm to add interest though)

This one is flour and yoghurt

Very simple one, no yoghurt required (I'd suggest brushing softened butter/garlic butter/olive oil on them when warm to add interest though)

This one is flour and yoghurt

Fantastic that’s most welcome . We’ll put the flight on hold now

It is a little more time consuming than the above flatbreads, but if you ever have a bit more time and the relevant ingredients, this naan bread recipe looks similar to how I have done them in the past:

Back
Top Bottom