Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Homemade pierogi with potato, porcini and onion filling, with sides of butter-fried leeks and leftover griddled courgette and aubergine. Pimms for afters.
I might have to go back to work next week😭, which might spell the end of this whole pasta/gnocchi/dumplings lovingly made from scratch business. 😭

I haven't had a pizza with pineapple on for decades - do they still exist? Not saying they're wrong (no pizza topping is wrong - horses for courses and all that, despite fascist Badgers weird views) but it isn't my thing really. Sweetcorn is much, much nicer. :)
i've had pineapple on a pizza maybe 2 or 3 times. i wasn't impressed. but it is getting more and more popular over here. i'll have to try the corn

Well I started making my seafood paella like thing and it got less paella like when I discovered I had run out of suitable paella rice. Now I do have a range of different sized and starch level rice grains (blame lockdown shortages, I ended up with a couple of "lets see how that works out" bags of rice including one short grain and one medium grain) - it turned out too starchy/stodgy to be called paella but it was tasty and edible which is the main thing! :D

I've gone all experimental for this evening's back-of-the-cupboard cooking challenge. Having been binge-watching Time Team recently I've gone for a distinctly Iron Age theme, with wild boar, vegetable and barley stew, and oatcakes.

Obviously the wild boar is actually bacon offcuts, the vegetables we have now are nothing like those available a couple of millennia ago and I'm cooking the stew in the slow cooker, but heigh-ho!

Well I started making my seafood paella like thing and it got less paella like when I discovered I had run out of suitable paella rice. Now I do have a range of different sized and starch level rice grains (blame lockdown shortages, I ended up with a couple of "lets see how that works out" bags of rice including one short grain and one medium grain) - it turned out too starchy/stodgy to be called paella but it was tasty and edible which is the main thing! :D
would basmati rice work or does that have too little starch?

Back
Top Bottom