Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's currently good on the BBC iPlayer?

Are there that many idiots Numbers? :D

There were quite a few exchanges this time in which the person on the desk had to calm down a client and the scene was basically them saying “Don’t worry we are really confident about this” and the client being reassured and then the boss saying “Good job!”.

I can’t believe it’s that facile.

But I think that's showing how people believe because they want to. You desire something, someone tells you it's so, and you want it to be so, so you believe even though there's no evidence that you should.

The whole thing is based on believing in something or wanting to believe and not knowing what's real and what or who can be trusted. The audience feel the building of the tension and excitement and thrill of the game even though they're plotting in language I don't understand. You're pulled into the smoke and mirrors. I think its very clever.

But I think that's showing how people believe because they want to. You desire something, someone tells you it's so, and you want it to be so, so you believe even though there's no evidence that you should.

The whole thing is based on believing in something or wanting to believe and not knowing what's real and what or who can be trusted. The audience feel the building of the tension and excitement and thrill of the game even though they're plotting in language I don't understand. You're pulled into the smoke and mirrors. I think its very clever.
Yes I think that’s a good point. I might be a bit too close to that world to be taken in - I’ve sat in on due diligence and investor meetings as a lawyer so my bullshit detector is activated.

I finished NS and actually came to enjoy it, though the twists became more and more predictable as the series progressed.

I disagree re the apparent low budget of the show. Looked fine to me. All those people endlessly walking about the office block in London whilst none of them just sat in front of a computer and did shit became grating, but I didn't see penny-pinching. The idea that our decrepit railway system is completely automised and doesn't rely on men in signal boxes pulling levers, err... As a NWener, and former train commuter it was nice to hear Carlisle and even Carnforth get name checked!

Would I recommend it? If you like garbage that doesn't make any sense but can be very exciting? Yes, prolly. I've heard a lot of people talking about this show, so I expect the ratings are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom