Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's currently good on the BBC iPlayer?

I've been stuck in a hotel for a couple of nights and watched all of Nightsleeper. It really was 24 on a shoestring budget. I'd be shocked If they did more than 1 or 2 takes per scene. Some of those actors didn't even seem to be trying; just delivering the lines. The arrivals board at Victoria Station had more facial expressions than Joe Cole.

Yet, I kept watching it!!!!

Total shite.

Watched the last episode this evening.

Enjoying the first episode of new murder comedy-drama series Ludwig
That review just yearns for some Grauniad spelling just in the first sentence:

Imagine if Mark Corrigan from Peep Show grew up, shucked off Jez

Finished Ludwig. Fantastically enjoyable murder mystery miniseries. Better than Jonathan Creek, with hints of Sherlock, and a great cast. David Mitchell really is superb in this. A solid 8/10 for me, and another po-faced cunt warning for anyone who would think it’s anything less than 6/10.
Cheers, will give it a go - I trust your recommendations as we seem to have quite a large crossover in terms of film and tv tastes :)

Better than Jonathan Creek

Wrong, very wrong - JC is a top five of all time.

I did come to really enjoy Ludwig (I finished it this evo), though it took three episodes to get there. The key theme has been that DM who plays DM in everything DM appears in (much to my approval) is now trying to play the part of his on screen brother, who is not quite DM. From the outcome of episode six, I think that's gonna change and we should, perhaps, expect a BBC version of Elementary, which I'm down for. Elementary is maybe a top twenty of all time (maybe thirty). If that turns out to be the case, we NEED VCM playing a villain!

Finished Ludwig. Fantastically enjoyable murder mystery miniseries. Better than Jonathan Creek, with hints of Sherlock, and a great cast. David Mitchell really is superb in this. A solid 8/10 for me, and another po-faced cunt warning for anyone who would think it’s anything less than 6/10.

Po faced cunt alert.

Half way through episode 1 and it's irritating me. We'll persevere for a while but I really dislike "whacky".

What I'm enjoying about Nightsleeper is that it's a searing critique of railway deregulation disguised as a low-budget thriller.

Just started it. Bloody fantastic.
Some of the dialogue is astounding.
"There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway". fucking quality
Really enjoyed all the comments upthread :D

I've caved in and started NS. Every review I've read says it's complete dog shit on a budget, but I like Joe Cole (and am anxiously awaiting S3 of GoL) so gave it a go.

Err...

I'm assuming the innocent child was left on the train to try to stop viewers from willing it to crash and claim the lives of all onboard? I don't rewatch the Sopranos anymore because there aren't any likeable characters in it, but this show is reaching for some sort of fucking prize. I will finish it, prolly tmoz, but I'm not wasting HDD space by copying it
h4qI89X.gif

I did it as well, somewhat distractedly as it watching JC's face for that long would have sent me into a coma. As is the way, there was at least one red herring too many. But it was all made up for by the ending, which was one of the most absurd and hilarious things I've seen since...well, the 'twist' in Sugar. It got cranked up really high*.

* obscure reference alert

Back
Top Bottom