Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Not today, but the emerging full, hilarious tale of the May hand-holding is contemporary.

May had travelled to Washington in 2017 with the intention of persuading the new US president to make a supportive statement about Nato. Little did she expect that she would be calling her husband, Philip, to warn him that images of the US president of holding her hand as they walked through the White House would soon be flashing around the world.

The meeting took a bizarre twist as they walked through the White House.

“He held her hand going through the colonnades, which took us all by surprise, and as it turns out, took Theresa by surprise,” Fiona McLeod Hill, the former joint chief of staff at No 10, told Percy.

“She couldn’t really take her hand back, so she was stuck … And the first thing she said [afterwards] was ‘I need to call Philip just to let him know that I’ve been holding hands with another man before it hits the media’.”

:D

1612705842401.png

Last edited:
(just a reminder to check the details before sharing viral content you find on the internet cause it's usually either partially or totally made up)

True enough although

The woman who lost her job after Donald Trump complained that she flipped him off has worked hard to ensure she gets the last laugh.

Says there Trump did complain, although I can't see his actual words. And she wasn't fired right away.

That adds some to the story, too:

But the story gets better. She is now on the Local Board of Supervisors that oversees legislation for leisure facilities in her county. A county which includes Trump’s National Golf Club.

:)

Eta from that Guardian article:

Why did she feel she had to do that right there, right then? “He is just that bad,” she says. So bad, in fact, she had to do it twice: once when the motorcade drove past her, again when they stopped at the traffic lights. “I just wanted to make sure he saw me. It’s not that often someone gets that opportunity to express their opinion to the highest elected official in the land,” she says.

:D

Last edited:
True enough although

Says there Trump did complain, although I can't see his actual words.
This is because - as you can see from the date on the 'news' item, and the tweet quoted further down the page - news.com.au have also sourced their story from the same viral tweet as you did. There was no complaint.

For some QAnon conspiracy theorists, March 4, 2021 is a date circled in red Sharpie on the calendar. The truly devoted believe that, on this special date, Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 19th president of the United States.

At the Trump International Hotel in Washington DC, the least expensive room option is the deluxe king, ranging in size from 350 to 475 square feet. At this time of year, it normally runs anywhere from $476 to $596 per night.

Interestingly, on March 3 and 4, the same room is selling for $1,331 per night. That’s 180% above the base rate and more than double what you’d pay any other night in February or March, according to the hotel’s website.

The March 4 rate hike appears to be exclusive to the Trump International, notes Zach Everson in his 1100 Pennsylvania newsletter, which has diligently tracked the comings and goings at Trump International since the early days of Trump’s presidency. When Everson surveyed other DC luxury hotels — Four Seasons, Hay Adams, and St. Regis — he found that those hotels’ rates remain close to the norm on March 3 and 4.

The Trump International has a history of hiking prices around dates that are important to supporters of the former president. Consider that, just last month, on January 5 and 6, the lowest available room rates at Trump International topped $7,500 and $8,000 a night, respectively. That’s more than triple the $2,200 nightly rate the hotel was charging during the inauguration period a few weeks later.

In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the fuck do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

Trump is stepping into a limelight and will be delivering a speech at a public event.

Hopefully, main stream media won't be broadcasting his speech live...

Former U.S. President Donald Trump will seek to return to the political spotlight in an address to a major meeting of conservatives, a source familiar with his plans said on Saturday, as the Republican plots his post-White House moves.

Trump plans to speak to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, on Feb. 28, the last day of their meeting, the source told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

“He’ll be talking about the future of the Republican Party and the conservative movement. Also look for the 45th President to take on President (Joe) Biden’s disastrous amnesty and border policies,” the source said.

No "Stupid Shit Biden Has Done" thread?

A slower thread. Not that Biden does no stupid shit, but he does everything slowly.

A slower thread. Not that Biden does no stupid shit, but he does everything slowly.

lol ... thanks

I'll be sure to subscribe. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom