Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I see on Twitter that there's speculation that Mark Zuckerberg will run for the presidency in 2020. What a vision that will be!

He's currently visiting all 50 States, meeting with small businesses, and visiting families in their homes. Y'know, like regular CEOs who have no political ambitions do...

Related to that, also claimed a president who died years before the civil war could have prevented it if he had postponed taking office until that period (Jackson, zombie POTUS)...
he went further than that: he claimed AndrewJackson was 'really angry' about the civil war - despite the fact Jackson died 16 years before the war started!
He also described Jackson as having a 'big heart'. Which is one way to describe someone more or less guilty of commissioning a genocide (The trail of tears), and a slave-owner, whom most of his contemporaries regarded as an unstable hothead.

I found a pic of CRI

C-x5uJlW0AEJsdl.jpg:large

vs

C-1xBM7XYAAlwDa.jpg:large

he went further than that: he claimed AndrewJackson was 'really angry' about the civil war - despite the fact Jackson died 16 years before the war started!
He also described Jackson as having a 'big heart'. Which is one way to describe someone more or less guilty of commissioning a genocide (The trail of tears), and a slave-owner, whom most of his contemporaries regarded as an unstable hothead.
Yeah, that too. The sheer jaw-dropping wtf factor of it all meant that all I could remember when I posted was 'zombie jackson woulda fixed it!'... :D

Trump taps anti-abortion leader for top HHS post - CNN.com

It should also be noted that she's anti-birth control. We've actually reduced the number of abortions to its lowest point since it was made legal--almost entirely due to birth control outreach. Look for that trend to reverse under this idiot. I swear JC2 is right when he says that some of these folks don't know have a clue what causes babies.
Oh, they know what causes babies, and it's a very sinful act. The only justification for having sex is to bring babies. Contraception encourages sin, dontcha know.

Stupid, ignorant and insensitive shit from chip off the old block, Ivanka, in her new book. . . . Excerpts from a review:

Trump's lack of awareness, plus a habit of skimming from her sources, often results in spectacularly misapplied quotations — like one from Toni Morrison's Beloved about the brutal psychological scars of slavery. "Freeing yourself was one thing; claiming ownership of that freed self was another," is positioned in cute faux-handwritten capitals (and tagged #itwisewords) before a chapter on "working smarter." In it, she asks: "Are you a slave to your time or the master of it? Despite your best intentions, it's easy to be reactive and get caught up in returning calls, attending meetings, answering e-mails ..."

In a section called "Staking Your Claim," she writes, "Simply put, staking your claim means declaring something your own. Early in our country's history, as new territories were acquired or opened — particularly during the gold rush — a citizen could literally put a stake in the ground and call the land theirs. The land itself, and everything on it, legally became that person's property." Over and over again, Trump's message is: Take whatever you can get, and then print your name on it.

Many of the inspiring quotations Trump stakes a claim to here seem to have been culled from apocryphal inspiration memes. For instance, on the subject of asking for a raise, she quotes another black women writing on racism, Maya Angelou: "Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it."

But the real, very different line is from Angelou's memoir The Heart of a Woman, and it is a piece of advice about living in a racist world. "Ask for what you want," Angelou's mother tells her, "and be prepared to pay for what you get."

At least she doesn't tag that one #itwisewords, too, — I.T., standing, of course, for Ivanka Trump

Jesus wept, got radio on,World Service and Trump is pontificating about religion.What the fucking fuck fuck,have the dark ages rolled about again when I wasn't paying attention.

I don't think this fits in the 'stupid things' thread because it's not really stupid it's just bad and possibly scary:
Today (on the National Day of Prayer :facepalm:) he signed an executive order called the Religious Liberty Bill.
The purpose of which seems to be to allow churches to participate more in politics and to protect by law anyone who wants to discriminate against LGBT people or deny the rights of women who need reproductive healthcare, because of their faith in Jesus.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 18.21.39.png

"We will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied or silenced ever again," Mr Trump told the audience.. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: CRI
I don't think this fits in the 'stupid things' thread because it's not really stupid it's just bad and possibly scary:
Today (on the National Day of Prayer :facepalm:) he signed an executive order called the Religious Liberty Bill.
The purpose of which seems to be to allow churches to participate more in politics and to protect by law anyone who wants to discriminate against LGBT people or deny the rights of women who need reproductive healthcare, because of their faith in Jesus.

View attachment 105930

"We will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied or silenced ever again," Mr Trump told the audience.. :(

Earlier this week, it was hinted at that this EO was coming. It's payback for all the Evangelical Christians and Fundamentalist Catholics who got the vote out for him. Now, their ministers will all be able to instruct their congregations who to vote for, rather than just strongly hinting, as they've always done. Also, it's a license to discriminate against people in provision of goods and services. Oh, and employers who do offer health coverage can choose to exclude contraception if it is against their conscience.

There will be legal challenges to this of course, as it does seem rather in violation of the First Amendment, but that will take time, and much damage will already be done.

Dark ages indeed. :(

Ah, and you are right - this doesn't "fit" on a thread called "stupid things," like it's all just jolly japes ho ho, let's laugh at the silly man. There's already enough normalising of his sociopathic, autocratic, kleptocratic behaviour elsewhere, but the idea was to come up with something the moderators would accept, I guess :(

Now he's said that when he goes to israel later this month, presumably to make that deal with the palestinians, he wants to do a speech up on Masada, the ancient fortress and site of mass suicide that's become the iconic symbol of the most extremist loon zionists. This is... not very clever.

Now he's said that when he goes to israel later this month, presumably to make that deal with the palestinians, he wants to do a speech up on Masada, the ancient fortress and site of mass suicide that's become the iconic symbol of the most extremist loon zionists. This is... not very clever.
Nooooooooo. I went there once on a tourist thing, and the views are amazing, but I don't think that's what he's going for.

Having said that, I'm prepared to believe he has no clue - someone just suggested it and he said yes. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom