Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is the point of layered yoghurts?

I struggled to understand what a layered yoghurt was. I could not imaging how a yoghurt could be persuaded to sit in layers in its pot unless there were different thicknesses of yoghurt in the one pot. When I checked on the internet under that title there was lots of mention of fruit.

So is this about layers of fruit in a yoghurt? I only buy plain yoghurt, I might add fruit to it myself but mostly not and there are no layers involved.

What is the point of trifle?

What is the point of lasagne?

What is the point of cake with icing in the middle?

Those comparisons are all specious, because none of those foodstuffs were predated by foodstuffs of the same name, containing all the same ingredients, but all mushed up together instead of in layers.

I struggled to understand what a layered yoghurt was. I could not imaging how a yoghurt could be persuaded to sit in layers in its pot unless there were different thicknesses of yoghurt in the one pot. When I checked on the internet under that title there was lots of mention of fruit.

So is this about layers of fruit in a yoghurt? I only buy plain yoghurt, I might add fruit to it myself but mostly not and there are no layers involved.
This is the monstrosity
c8717480bf5a7d1552a29f9551591803.jpg

What is the point in a full english breakfast where the entire contents are not all thrown onto the plate in a heap like my Mum used to do?

Cos it makes every mouthful taste the same, thats why. You need varying ratio's per mouthful, it's what keeps food interesting. Which is also why pasta is boring and you don't just eat a massive bowl of peas for dinner.

I know someone who just eats mugs of peas for dinner ... with mayonnaise I think? :hmm: :confused:

It's a marketing trick to get the customer to think 'ooo look at this lush, rich fruity pot'. Then they indulge in the mixing and messing with their food / strict apartheid.

If the fruit compote was mixed with the yoghurt it would not seem so impressive.

Sorry to deviate, but I liked the custard things with a layer of fruit at the bottom, but apart from one vile brand full of ghastly fruit compote,they seem to be out of fashion. I might write to Elton John about this.

I know someone who just eats mugs of peas for dinner ... with mayonnaise I think? :hmm: :confused:

I eat my peas with mayonnaise
I've done it all my life
It makes the peas taste ____
But it keeps them on the knife

'it makes the peas taste like ashtrays'?
'it makes the peas taste less worthy of praise'?

How about

'It makes/ gives my inguinal / hiatus hernia / saturated fat level rise / raise'

'It gives the peas a greasy glaze, but keeps them welded to the knife'

Ahem, I would say: I've done so all my life'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom