Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is the point of layered yoghurts?

Because that's a normal sized portion.

Look at the nutrition on that thing: 18g of sugar per 100g, and there's 150g in a pot. That's well over half the recommended daily intake of sugar.
You're supposed to have a lovely little bit every day for a week.

Yeah. That's what I definitely do.

I know those yoghurts are bad for you, I don't buy them very often. I buy Yayla 10% fat. Nicest yoghurt ever (Total is nicer actually, but it's pricey).

You're supposed to have a lovely little bit every day for a week.

Yeah. That's what I definitely do.

I know those yoghurts are bad for you, I don't buy them very often. I buy Yayla 10% fat. Nicest yoghurt ever (Total is nicer actually, but it's pricey).
I've not tried it yet, but you can make your own Greek yoghurt quite easily.

Get normal yoghurt -> put in cheesecloth -> Hang for a couple of hours -> Home-made Greek yoghurt :thumbs:

You can make the normal yoghurt yourself, too. Buy some nice live yoghurt -> Heat up some milk -> Add tablespoon of shop yoghurt -> Put it somewhere warm for a couple of hours -> Home made yoghurt :)

I've never had one that didn't taste better all mixed up. Does it cost less to manufacture, but somehow look exotic so a higher price can be charged? I bet transparent pots are cheaper too.

Do you mash all your dinner together before eating it? :confused:

I've not tried it yet, but you can make your own Greek yoghurt quite easily.

Get normal yoghurt -> put in cheesecloth -> Hang for a couple of hours -> Home-made Greek yoghurt :thumbs:

You can make the normal yoghurt yourself, too. Buy some nice live yoghurt -> Heat up some milk -> Add tablespoon of shop yoghurt -> Put it somewhere warm for a couple of hours -> Home made yoghurt :)
My mun used to make it in a massive thermos flask

You won't need to if you think that something containing 6% of your sugar GDA has no sugar and then add more sugar to it...

No, but I kid. You know your own waistline, I'm sure.

Do you mash all your dinner together before eating it? :confused:
Of course not, you've missed the point. Children eat their dinner one ingredient at a time but as their taste matures and their palate develops they begin to eat several different items from their plate in the same mouthful. It provides variation in taste and texture.

That doesn't mean a true gourmet turns into Mr Creosote and has everything all mixed up in a bucket. With the eggs on top.

Some meals lend themselves to eating by ingredient, some do not. Yoghurt does not.

Last edited:
Don't eat any sort of yoghurts - I'm intolerant to something in them .......... so this sort of passes me by.
But I reckon these fancy yoghurts, and the tiny pots in multipacks are just ploys to get your money into the shop tills.

Back
Top Bottom