Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What has been the effect of Corona 19 precautions on the likelihood of you catching a regular cold or the flu?

How has your general health been since March?

• I have had the flu/several colds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Social distancing and mask wearing appears to have had zero effect in preventing those back-to-school sniffles anyone in education and/or with children are familiar with. Obviously I can't know if being careful has stopped me getting COVID. Mrs SI has had her first alert yesterday - she's definitely been in contact with someone at some point who's tested positive, though there is apparently no risk. (It's not the normal app, she's volunteered for something else).

Last cold i had was a few days after the new year and lasted about a week. Was quite a bad cold although covid wasn't yet in the news so i didn't think much of that.

Not had anything since but i think that is fairly normal for me in the summer months so a bit early to say really.

Given I'm not going out except to buy food, and always wearing a mask when I do, probably means my risk of catching flu is extremely low.

I've been working from home, but playing five a side weekly and competitive 11 a-side against strangers since September. I am pretty much the healthiest I've been for 20 years.*

*This has coincided with giving up alcohol completely, which I suspect has done more for my health than all the mask and sanitiser in the world ever could

Back
Top Bottom