Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

I liked Source Code better than Inception.

I've seen the Adjustment Bureau and it had potential in the first third of the film and then it went downhill after that with nowhere to go. It wasn't well thought out. Very disappointing.

Yeah I was wondering that as well Lea, where

*SPOILER ALERT*

the fuck has Sean gone if Colter is in his body?!

I've seen the Adjustment Bureau and it had potential in the first third of the film and then it went downhill after that with nowhere to go. It wasn't well thought out. Very disappointing.

It's them studios. They want everything neatly tied up.
The film would had been awesome if both the characters had their memories washed by the Adjustment Bureau.
And out of chance, they meet again as different people (similar to Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind - where he has no history of relationship and makes the same error).

Fuckin' can't stand them.

Yetman said:
the fuck has Sean gone if Colter is in his body?!

Exactly.

It's them studios. They want everything neatly tied up.
The film would had been awesome if both the characters had their memories washed by the Adjustment Bureau.
And out of chance, they meet again as different people (similar to Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind - where he has no history of relationship and makes the same error).

Fuckin' can't stand them.

Exactly.

Yeah, hollywood likes happy tidy endings. I agree. They should make films where there is no happy ever after from time to time!

The Chaser (Korean).:cool: Really enjoyed it. Made me think of Memories of Murder for some reason. Maybe the police incompetence?

Adam and Paul Story about 2 Dublin Smack eds trying to score over the course of a day! Feck me whoever classed this as a comedy is not right in the ed! Feckin depressed me 2 fck! Wish theyed odyd at the start then a wunt have ter watch the next hour n 15 mins,, Yeah an im Bulgarian anawl.//

Super - covers similar ground to Kick Ass but, if anything, does it better. Very funny, ultra-violent and highly surreal at times. Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page are brilliant.

Super 8, was quite enjoyable. Like a scary ET.
I want to see this!

We watched a Sonny Chiba film "Yakuza Deka"..strange, insane, unitentionally funny, intentionally funny, violent but compelling. Plus some of Sonny's outfits were very cool!

caught up with some crap whilst having a few days off.

24 Day 7 - absurd tosh, but quite enjoyable absurd tosh.

Potter part 6 - pretty pish poor, with the first half being irrelevant, but hey ho. Followed by part 7a, which was rather better. Harry dancing, very funny.

Super - as we all know by now, its Kick Ass with punk attitude. Unfortunately its more S*M*A*S*H* than Clash, a decent idea, but very poorly executed.

Coucous, aka Secret of the Grain, or La Grain et la Mulet. Phew, finally, a really great film. Funny n moving, some superb performances and really unusual scenes, including the potty training & a great family meal. A must watch.

Hanna

Like the first part, but it does down hill after that. Also I wish they'd show more of her training.
It'd be interesting if they'd do a sequel to it, like what happens after she grows up, as an adult, would she be a contract killer? or working for government? etc.

Rainy DVD/ download day yesterday -

The Big Sleep - Bogie and Bacall sparking, some great lines and a somewhat ridiculous plot. One of my favourite films :D
Falling Skies (episode 4) - interesting, but still not grabbing my attention. Pope is the best character by far though :cool:
Indentity - didn't really think that much of it. Original idea I suppose, just badly done.
South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut - One of the rare TV to Film successes, the songs are fantastic too.
Serenity - reminded of it by this thread :D Still a great ride and endlessly quotable.
LA Confidential - Just brilliant. Actors and Director at the top of their game.

A James Franco evening last night

Howl was very good, nothing to deep but an interesting film, well made.

127 Hours - slightly disappointing, but great when its good, could have done without all the fantasy sequences tho

Babylon - never seen it before and it's great fun. Also watched Rockers and that's still a great movie.

Sucker Punch. Baby Doll sang most of the songs on the soundtrack. I like Snyder's stuff but this felt a little experimental - maybe a warm-up for Superman. It's not like 300 at all. I'd still watch it again.

Gnomeo and Juliet. Ok it's quite fucking good. It's not great but it doesn't disappoint.

I Am Number 4. I have every reason to hate a pathetic film like this but again it's decently watch-able...probably because of the dog.

127 Hours - slightly disappointing, but great when its good, could have done without all the fantasy sequences tho

I thought it was great all the way through, the fantasy sequences and the production involved in getting them into the film, and once there, to work, was brilliantly executed.

If you want a straight forward trapped movie without the fantasy stuff watch Buried. Which is also great.

Back
Top Bottom