Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

That's right. I was agreeing with you.

Then we're all agreed.

50290_324691874131_224751_n.jpg

Akira, cant believe ive not watched it before, it was amazing.
Also watched most of Confessions but got sidetracked & missed the last half hour or so. Will have to watch again as thought it was excellent.

Bit of a filmfest. Resident evil, resident evil apocalypse, zombieland and true grit.

Source Code. Fuck you Metacritic! FUCK YOU!!!

I did start watching My Dog Tulip but the incessant jaaaaazz put me right off.

A bit of sucker punch.
Interesting idea that is brave in that it's a big film that doesn't follow the hollywood traditions but so far it's just music video junk.
The three layers of reality is an interesting idea but right at the beginning of the first fight we se our heroin get impossibly smashed to hell but it doesn't even scratch her or break her stride. From then on you know there is no element of jeopardy and it's just a bit boring.

Source Code. Fuck you Metacritic! FUCK YOU!!!

Not very good then?:D

On Sunday I watched Chinatown and Savage Grace....I'm not sure what the odds are on picking two films featuring incest to watch in the same day.

I've never seen Chinatown before, brilliant film. Savage Grace not all that great but interesting enough, and it's short.

Don't Look Back (Ne te retourne pas) Well enjoyed it! I mean who wunt watch any film wiv Sophie Marceau in it! Yeah she can act i'll give yer that but she's got the finest spine structure ever! Jesus id love ter run me fingers down that back.,.,.

Watched Battle of Los Angeles last night, it wasn't the big budget Battle: Los Angeles, which came out at the same time and is a big budget extravaganza with major stars, but a smaller budget tv version :facepalm: which came out at the same time :mad:

1/10 really REALLY poor.

Watched The Island on ITV2 last night. The plot reminded me of THX 1183, Logan's Run and that straight to video B-Movie from the early 1990s, Fortress. Even if so derivative, it could've been better as an action film. McGregor's accent was dodgy, and with the Transformer's director at the helm, the plot was neglected in favour of too many flashy bits with cars and helicopters, that just looked shit. Seeing people running down corridors from different angles got tiresome too.

Watched The Island on ITV2 last night. The plot reminded me of THX 1183, Logan's Run and that straight to video B-Movie from the early 1990s, Fortress. Even if so derivative, it could've been better as an action film. McGregor's accent was dodgy, and with the Transformer's director at the helm, the plot was neglected in favour of too many flashy bits with cars and helicopters, that just looked shit. Seeing people running down corridors from different angles got tiresome too.

A great moral dilema and a pretty cool story all tossed aside and Michel Bayed within an inch of it's life. Could have been a good film, no idea why it needed to have helicopters driving though buildings and impossible stunts.

Source Code - Interesting film but why did they have to bottle the ending? Cos the final 20 mins was balls.

Yeah, I thought that too. They should have left out the last 20 mins but otherwise I enjoyed the film too.

SPOILER ALERT

In the new reality, what happened to Sean?
We know Colter is still waiting for his first mission (in that pod).

So...if Colter is the new Sean.
Where is Colter? And what happened to the original Sean who wasn't killed?

It'd had been better if they stuck to original narrative where he dies after 8mins.
Cos that memory embracing that love interest, real or not, would have been a beautiful ending.
By changing it to a time-travelling/ love exercise made it way too generic and shit.

SPOILER ALERT

I thought that in the new reality the conscious part of Colter is living in the body of Sean but I don't know where the real Sean is. That was never explained in the beginning. The physical part of Colter is still in the lab. But then again part of Colter's consciousness is still within his own damaged body.

I'm not sure it's all too confusing to work out! Too many levels of reality to work out. I had this problem with Inception aswell. Dreams within dreams.

Inception was better thought out. I liked that alot.
Whatever you do, avoid The Adjustment Bureau - the ending was way too safe.

Back
Top Bottom