Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

We Need To Talk About Kevin - a bit self-consciously arty and heavy-handed esp with the really obvious visual flourishes - tomatoes = blood, eyeball = target etc. disappointing.

Orang Utan said:
We Need To Talk About Kevin - a bit self-consciously arty and heavy-handed esp with the really obvious visual flourishes - tomatoes = blood, eyeball = target etc. disappointing.

I keep hearing bad reviews.

I'm off work with a sore back at the moment so watched Wall Street (never seen before) - enjoyed it.

Also watched the pilot episode of Friday Night Lights, now being shown on Sky Atlantic and it looks quite promising.

Tried watchin Lee Evans roadrunner last night but it was toooo bleedin energetic fer me Id love ta make him smoke a big fat one and then shove the fecker onstage! Stupid choice anyways seein as i was couchlocked. So i ended up watchin Miss March Definitely one ta put on yer list for when yer stoned. Silly, stupid nonsense of a film but i loved it. (trainwreck) eh

The World, The Flesh And The Devil (1959) - Harry Belafonte seems to be the last person alive on earth (such as in in Omega Man etc), but hang on, there seems to be another lady and hey at least he can sing a decent tune. Unfortunately the lady seems a bit racist and now another bloke has turned up up who seems racist too, lets hope they realise that when there's only 3 people left alive on planet Earth that acting like a fuckwit might not be a good idea.

A really rather good spy thriller from the 1970s. And not only does it have Paul Newman, it also has Dominque Sanda and James Mason.

"V for Vendetta" - enjoyed it with a few minor reservations about the casting (didn't really like Natalie Portman or Hugo Weaving despite both being very good film actors)

The Mackintosh Man

Look it says so there in the wee box. I was pleasantly surprised by one of the locations, and the exquisitely nostalgic sense of time and place it evoked. But as it is introduced at a major plot twist, I'll hold my counsel.

Nowhere near as good as Il Conformista, but Sanda does here sexy Ice Queen thing again, which is always good.

I watched a good chunk of the third series of Black Adder last night. Started on the first and second series but I'd seen them so much I could predict all the jokes. Miraculously there was an episode on this one I'd never seen before. I'm hoping I see some new stuff on the one with Stephen Fry in WWI as that's the best series for me.

I taped "Deathrace" off the telly the other night. It was a pile of shit so watched "Bedazzled" instead (The original Pete and Dud version - not the dreadful Liz Hurley remake..) and that improved my mood no end.

I taped "Deathrace" off the telly the other night. It was a pile of shit so watched "Bedazzled" instead (The original Pete and Dud version - not the dreadful Liz Hurley remake..) and that improved my mood no end.

...but did you watch the 70s Death Race or the dreadful Jason Statham remake ?

...but did you watch the 70s Death Race or the dreadful Jason Statham remake ?

No it was the Jason Statham version (mind you - a true pedant would know that the original was "Deathrace 2000" ;)) that had none of the humour of its predecessor. The few clumsy "Shawshank" type scenes that they inserted to try and give it depth fell flat and other scenes made absolutely no sense at all. Mind you - his co-pilot was pretty foxy - but not foxy enough to stop it being dreadful. :(

Back
Top Bottom