Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What coffee are you drinking just now?

Or what's your favourite, or whatever.

After mrs quoad's recommendations, I've become a big fan of HasBean, and atm I'm drinking their fabulously named "Finca La Fany Washed Bourbon". I bought it on name alone reasoning that anything with bourbon and fanny in the title has to be worthwhile. This turns out to be a good way of deciding as it's fine, fine stuff.

What you got on the go just now?

None: but in about 15 minutes, I'll be drinking an Americano from Starbucks. :(

I've just had a mug of Lyons Rich Evening Roast coffee - in a BAG!!! :eek:

I let it brew a little bit longer than the first time I tried them and got a better mug of coffee - still not up to the smell (which isn't half bad to be honest) but better than a run of the mill instant

There's another 18 bags to go in this box - I am, as yet, undecided. yes, they are convenient but not that much of an improvement over instant - Ho Hum! the search goes on

Or what's your favourite, or whatever.

After mrs quoad's recommendations, I've become a big fan of HasBean, and atm I'm drinking their fabulously named "Finca La Fany Washed Bourbon". I bought it on name alone reasoning that anything with bourbon and fanny in the title has to be worthwhile. This turns out to be a good way of deciding as it's fine, fine stuff.

What you got on the go just now?

Marketing is a marvel to behold, isn't it? First, they got us with the wine: thousands of types multiplied by vintage years etc. Something for the connoisseur to learn. But most of it ends up tasting pretty average, or like crap. Now they're doing it with coffee.

'Which valley did your beans come from?'

'Why, this cup of coffee was made from beans from the Quinoa Valley: it's Finca La Fany Washed Bourbon.'

'Whoa: impressive'

What does it taste like? Coffee. Like the beans from the next valley over.

I'm waiting for 'Finca La Fany Washed Bourbon starts with a rich butternut flavor, with strong earthy overtones, and with a subtle hickory finish'. And it only costs five dollars a cup.

There's a coffee place down on Broadway. They have some of the best coffee I've ever had. But every once in awhile, it's tepid shit. I don't know what happens. I suspect that the barista has a hangover, and is leaning on the steam nozzle or something.

I usually buy my coffee when alone. That way, I avoid the expressions of horror when I put ten sugar packages into it.

The way I see it, a can of Coke has something like 25 sugar packs in it, so by putting ten into a coffee, I'm actually coming out ahead.

Nescafe Instant Original - no mucking about ..

I also like their different coffees but I forget their names.

Sometimes try fairtrade types...

Do you drink a lot of coffee? At the beginning of the thread, you were into a cup of instant.
I go through phases. Sometimes it's tea all the way. At the moment I'm making a pot of coffee every morning and if it doesn't all get drunk straight away it will get heated up later. I am using my late M-I-L's coffee pot. Coffee in bottom, hot water on top. Leave for a while and stir and the grounds sink. Using strainer, pour into cup.

This be the pot. It's stoneware so it keeps the heat in and it's a good size, a good pourer and fits the hand very well and comfortably. Every time I look at it it reminds me of her.

pot 003.JPG

This be the pot. It's stoneware so it keeps the heat in and it's a good size, a good pourer and fits the hand very well and comfortably. Every time I look at it it reminds me of her.

View attachment 28253

I didn't bother with Starbucks. I went to Tim Horton's instead.

tim_hortons.jpg

They make their coffee in a pot that looks like this:

tim-hortons.jpg

Marketing is a marvel to behold, isn't it? First, they got us with the wine: thousands of types multiplied by vintage years etc. Something for the connoisseur to learn. But most of it ends up tasting pretty average, or like crap. Now they're doing it with coffee.
Are you saying all wine and coffee tastes the same ?

Lavazza Rosso from my old pot...

Old Pot.jpg

I just fill it up stick my stoneware mug under the spout and once the gurgling's stopped, its time for a couple of spoons of roasted hazelnut syrup (the French stuff) and Robert's the proverbial :D

I'm going for that Starbucks now; but I promise to blog about it as soon as I get back.
I hate Starbucks, but I have been visiting our local hospital recently, and that's the coffee outlet they have, so I've used them when there. They ask for your name when you order the coffee, so as a way of cheering up the young person I was with, I have taken to giving a different ridiculous name each time. It makes us both happy, and does no harm.

Back
Top Bottom