Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What bit of a chicken is a nugget?

I always thought it was the bits they hosed off the floor at the end of the day. It is still technically 100% breast meat if it was hosed off the floor in the area where chicken breast was being prepped.

I always thought it was the bits they hosed off the floor at the end of the day. It is still technically 100% breast meat if it was hosed off the floor in the area where chicken breast was being prepped.

It doesn’t work like that. The volume of nuggets required is too large for a factory to produce sufficient reliable quantities by simply using the waste of another production line.

People say the same thing about e.g. teabag tea being dust from the floor of loose leaf tea production, or corned beef being leftover noses and anuses. It’s not the way it works.

It doesn’t work like that. The volume of nuggets required is too large for a factory to produce sufficient reliable quantities by simply using the waste of another production line.

People say the same thing about e.g. teabag tea being dust from the floor of loose leaf tea production, or corned beef being leftover noses and anuses. It’s not the way it works.

Out of all the things you have mentioned, I am probably biased against chicken nuggets tbf. I love teabags (which I know aren't made up of dust and shavings) and I love corned beef (which I know at its best is very very lovely salt and peppercorn cured brisket)

Plus (for me) it's like hotdogs - if I'm actually craving nugget-ness or hotdogs, I can get all the processed-ness & nostalgia I'm craving from a veggie version.

Kind of shocking that the very cheapest chicken nuggets & meat hotdogs are cheaper than fake ones, still.

I guess when everyone hears the words "chicken nugget" they`re thinking McNuggets. There are some finer establishments that serve, well finer nuggets. And no offence to Mr. FBM, but unless you`re raising your own chickens you`re probably probably purchasing chicken meat that has been processed to some extent. You don`t know what they`ve been fed, how much water has been injected to raise the weight, and god knows what else has been done 🐔😥

I've actually never eaten a chicken nugget. Just never fancied one. I think they might have been invented (or eventually made it to Surrey) when I was already an adult (although we never had fast food when I was a kid - too far away from town and couldn't afford it) and they never appealed.

It is the leftover bits mechanically produced from the carcass.

Not a fine cut of meat but if we are to eat meat then none of the animal should be wasted. I eat chicken nuggets/dippers and they taste fine. Also they have (from memory) ever upset my stomach or been unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom