Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

I'm sure my 7" pre of this isn't quite the same as this - will have to dig it out.

According to RKR there were two issues of this, both on Island in 1983.

The Jamaican press was produced by Sly & Robbie. No B side listed so presumably a dub version.
The UK press is credited to S Stanley & P Smykle, B side listed as Party Next Door.

I'd guess the JA issue is the raw original and the UK cut was remixed by Stephen Stanley & Groucho Smykle. I'd be interested to hear if Stanley worked over here at all before mixing his legendary Xterminator dubs for Fatis.

Seen this? Someone linked to it recently, probably you or ska invita :D

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/paul-groucho-smykle-interview

The Jamaican press was produced by Sly & Robbie. No B side listed so presumably a dub version.
The UK press is credited to S Stanley & P Smykle, B side listed as Party Next Door.

I'd guess the JA issue is the raw original and the UK cut was remixed by Stephen Stanley & Groucho Smykle. I'd be interested to hear if Stanley worked over here at all before mixing his legendary Xterminator dubs for Fatis.

Aah, that makes sense, my copy looks like this (and I'm sure has the dub on the flip - will listen to it tonight):

2jbw1u0.jpg

Seen this? Someone linked to it recently, probably you or ska invita :D

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/paul-groucho-smykle-interview

it wasnt me, but thanks for this - Im in the camp of people for whom Dub Factor changed their lives - theres been very little out there about Groucho (ive looked) - I'll definitely check this out :cool:

A quiet, rainy day... Remembering a tune, remembering a friend (who used to listen to this with me...)

Back
Top Bottom