Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

427428.jpg

https://publish.indymedia.org.uk/en/2009/04/427427.html

That video now up on BBC, last updated a few minutes ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7997990.stm

Voiceover: "The IPCC say they've had a number of complaints and they're not sure whether this is one of them" :D :(

That video now up on BBC, last updated a few minutes ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7997990.stm

Voiceover: "The IPCC say they've had a number of complaints and they're not sure whether this is one of them" :D :(

Just got a mention on BBC Radio 6 news... hopefully that means the story is breaking properly and will be in the main 10 O'Clock TV bulletins. (I've just switched over to News 24).

e2a: I see it's now a rolling news item on News 24.

Brilliant.

This officer is stating at about 2 mins how they are helping the cause of the protesters by having a confrontation.

Damn. If only I'd known who's side they were on before I sent my MP a letter.

and maybe the next time that bird confronts a riot copper she might think whether there will be any consequences in the adrenaline fuelled moment!

and maybe the next time that bird confronts a riot copper she might think whether there will be any consequences in the adrenaline fuelled moment!

The only consequences she should expect are lawful ones - not assault.

Yes, probably better if she just stood there watching an innocent man grabbed round the throat and shoved. Probably would've been better if she wasn't there at all eh? :rolleyes:

Looks to me like they're trying to avoid a public inquiry:

In light of the G20 event Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has invited Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Constabulary, Denis O'Connor, to conduct a review of related public order policing tactics.

Sir Paul said: "G20 was a complex policing operation managing the movement and protection of many heads of state across the capital while balancing the right to lawful protest and maintaining public order for many thousands of people.

"It is also the case that a number of complaints have been raised in relation to the tactic of containment and as to whether this achieves that balance. I want to be reassured that the use of this tactic remains appropriate and proportionate.

"Separately, I have already expressed my concern that the video footage of some police actions are clearly disturbing and should be thoroughly investigated. As well as the post-event investigation into those responsible for violence and disorder, I have also ensured that footage in police possession is reviewed to identify any other matters of individual police conduct that may warrant investigation.

"One matter that I also want to make clear is that uniformed police officers should be identifiable at all times by their shoulder identification numbers. The public has a right to be able to identify any uniformed officer whilst performing their duty. We must ensure this is always the case."

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/polic...ation/hmic_invited_to_review_policing_tactics

You mean the "peeps" that the police laid into with batons and arrested at random?

So shouting is a form of violence now? Should the police have arrested her for assault with an offensive word?

yawn. is this how your arguments go? Earlier in the thread I have said that the charges on the peaceful dudes was wrong. thanks for bringing that up though.

she was all up in the officers face for want of a better expression. im glad he gave her a smack with his pimp glove and riot attire.

its all so easy for you to watch his actions on youtube and say its wrong.

yawn. is this how your arguments go? Earlier in the thread I have said that the charges on the peaceful dudes was wrong. thanks for bringing that up though.
I'm sure your disapproval would be a great comfort to the people who were beaten with sticks by the police.

"Too much love, too much love..."

she was all up in the officers face for want of a better expression. im glad he gave her a smack with his pimp glove and riot attire.
So basically, you're a twat who isn't worth enaging with. Thanks for clearing that up.

its all so easy for you to watch his actions on youtube and say its wrong.

I hope someone does the same to you. Soon.

next time I am shouting a a Riot copper I will gleefuly accept a kicking.

Except you wont find me doing that.

Back
Top Bottom