Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vehicle explodes on US Canadian border

Was it driven by a super pig?

Only it seems they are intending to invade the US.

From the comment section

The government is taking this serious situation very seriously. The seriousness of this serious situation is so serious that we are actively being serious about this serious situation. Further updates will be forthcoming on this serious situation.

That about sums it up for me :D

Also, it took 5 comments before it became Trudeau's fault.
Everything is Trudeau's fault - economy, Trudeau's fault - Israel/Palestine. Trudeau's fault, - car blowing up, Trudeau's fault,

I've read it was coming from the CAN side, I've read it was coming from the US Sside. I've read there were "more" explosives on board, in which case how is it not terrorism, as the NYS governor is saying.

I've read it was coming from the CAN side, I've read it was coming from the US Sside. I've read there were "more" explosives on board, in which case how is it not terrorism, as the NYS governor is saying.
AP story says driver was a "New York" resident and initial noises seem to think not terrorist:
Didn't think cars really exploded like that any more without something quite unusual.

a Bentley !

"Videos reviewed by authorities show the vehicle entering the bridge on the US side and then accelerating at a high rate of speed, according to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Earlier reports had indicated the car was traveling from Canada to the US.

The vehicle hit a curb and went airborne over a barrier, landing in a secondary search area, where it exploded, according to the sources.

Authorities believe the car was a 2022 Bentley two-door coupe, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN. There is nothing left but the engine, the governor said"

If they'd been in a Fiat 850 they wouldn't have the same impact protection but wouldn't have gained the same speed or height either. Choices, choices.

Kind of surprising that such a high-class brand of vehicle could have such a basic and critical problem with the accelerator. Or did the owner not get that problem looked at, despite being apparently wealthy enough to own and operate a Bentley?

Kind of surprising that such a high-class brand of vehicle could have such a basic and critical problem with the accelerator. Or did the owner not get that problem looked at, despite being apparently wealthy enough to own and operate a Bentley?

Bentley says some models were recalled in 2021 because of a risk that their accelerator pedals could become stuck but it didn't affect cars sold in the US and Canada. Definitely sounds like a mechanical problem was to blame, though

Vincent A. Ettari, a civil engineer in Westchester County, N.Y., who serves as an expert witness on road design in court cases, said that a trail of dark vapor visible behind the car as it flew through the air in surveillance footage suggested that the driver was alert and not impaired, and that he had been pressing on the brakes.

trail of dark vapor visible behind the car as it flew through the air in surveillance footage suggested that the driver was alert and not impaired, and that he had been pressing on the brakes.
Not sure pressing the brakes once airborne would help. :hmm:

And why would pressing the brakes produce a trail of dark vapour? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom