Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uruguay vs Portugal (R16) - 19:00 - 30/06/2018

I hadn't realised Uruguay was that small. I knew it was smaller than Brazil and Argentina, and I suspected Colombia and Chile too.

I think that was the best game I've seen so far in the tournament. I hadn't seen Uruguay before, but they rivaled Croatia and Mexico for cohesion.

I hadn't realised Uruguay was that small. I knew it was smaller than Brazil and Argentina, and I suspected Colombia and Chile too.

Populations of S.American footballing nations

Brazil 207.7 million
Colombia 48.7 million
Argentina 43.9 million
Peru 31.8 million
Venezuela 31.6 million
Chile 17.9 million
Ecuador 16.4 million
Bolivia 10.9 million
Paraguay 6.7 million
Uruguay 3.4 million

Uruguay will be pissed off that they let in their first goal for six matches.I would not be surprised if the winner of today's matches goes on to lift the cup. Both France & Uruguay have kept below the UK media radar and both look bleeding good.

Uruguay will be pissed off that they let in their first goal for six matches.I would not be surprised if the winner of today's matches goes on to lift the cup. Both France & Uruguay have kept below the UK media radar and both look bleeding good.
aren't they on the same side of the draw though?

I stand corrected.
I agree that they both looked very strong today. I would worry for Uruguay if Cavani is crock. Going back to them being a very small country, they're unlikely to have much strength in depth, and Cavani was magnificent for them today.

Back
Top Bottom