Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Undercover policing enquiry

Today's session featured evidence from spycop 'Vince Miller'. Pretty grim stuff.

Thanks for posting Dave, and thanks for the "grim" warning. It really is. It's properly hard to read some of this stuff but it's so important that it's out there. Can't find anything about it on the BBC.

“If I go down I’ll take as many people as possible with me, SDS in particular” -Mike Chitty, model example of failed undercover #spycops officer gone rogue, quoted in previously secret police report, now online via UK Undercover Policing Inquiry

ETA Apols. This is the correct tweet:

Last edited:

Report from the last #SpyCopsInquiry hearings until next year. 'Phil Cooper' infiltrated the Right to Work Campaign & became its national treasurer. He was later sacked by the police for assault but got reinstated when he threatened to expose the spycops

In 1977 #spycops officer HN 13 "Geoff Wallace" filled this report on a theatrical and musical performance by members of his target group from two weeks previously. This was a social event with no organising, he recorded the details of everyone present

Met police ‘tried to recruit ex-officer to spy on climate change activists’

A former police officer who is now a prominent climate crisis campaigner has accused the Metropolitan police of attempting to recruit him to spy on Extinction Rebellion.

“He asked if I wanted to come on the books – to become a covert human intelligence source [Chis],” Stephens said. “But I turned him down straight away. I joined XR to make those in power do something about climate change, not to spy on peaceful people doing their bit for the planet.”

The Met said it could “neither confirm nor deny any Chis activity in relation to Extinction Rebellion”.

She's won!

"Police have been been severely criticised by judges who ruled that they grossly violated the human rights of a woman who was deceived into a long-term intimate relationship by an undercover officer.

The judges ruled overwhelmingly in favour of Kate Wilson, an environmental and social justice activist, who has pursued a decade-long campaign to uncover the truth."

Judges criticise Met police after woman wins spy cop case

Brilliant news!

BUT this should never have happened.

thread:

Interview with Tom Fowler, core participant in the inquiry and formerly of South Wales Anarchist group:

On a parallel note

Is this kind of private spying legal?
I would argue that it could be in breach of the UK GDPR, and the Data Protection Act 2018, as Welund appears to be accessing CCTV sources potentially in breach of the purpose for which that information is collected. Furthermore, there could be a breach of the individual's right to privacy.

The police down here really don't like the BLM protests. They've been raiding homes, and targeting activists with trumped up charges, this really doesn't surprise me.

Popped in to see if this was posted. Great work by this woman.

Incredible really that the police 'keep us safe' by trampling over our rights. Mindst you, they'll soon be gone once the Tories get rid of the Human Rights Act.

Last paragraph in the article:

“Protest organisers have an obligation to liaise with police forces, and South Wales police has a proven track record in working with organisers to facilitate lawful protest while minimising disruption to the wider public.”

Why is it then that they have a proven track record of harassing people involved in the protests over the the death of Mohamud Hassan?

Black Lives Matter activist Lowri Davies exposed the police's attempt to recruit her as an informant by secretly recording the approach.

As alluded to by others, there is more for the Inquiry to consider here:

1 June 2020: Black Lives Matter protest held in Swansea calling for justice over the death of George Floyd

26 October 2021: Black Lives Matter activist recorded covert police trying to 'recruit' her as an informant

15 February 2022: Swansea Black Lives Matter group closes down after police infiltration attempt

It would be good to hear from South Wales Police as to why they consider such activities a policing priority.

As alluded to by others, there is more for the Inquiry to consider here:

1 June 2020: Black Lives Matter protest held in Swansea calling for justice over the death of George Floyd

26 October 2021: Black Lives Matter activist recorded covert police trying to 'recruit' her as an informant

15 February 2022: Swansea Black Lives Matter group closes down after police infiltration attempt

It would be good to hear from South Wales Police as to why they consider such activities a policing priority.

I would have thought that infiltrating any group likely to cause mayhem in the streets was just common sense.

Very likely NA, BNP etc have also been infiltrated. (Or an attempt has been made.).

I would have thought that infiltrating any group likely to cause mayhem in the streets was just common sense.

Very likely NA, BNP etc have also been infiltrated. (Or an attempt has been made.).
like the uda, uvf, uff were infiltrated you mean? gangs and counter-gangs and so on?

And back:

Lots to interest readers - police/spycop lawyers panicking that they will be left holding the parcel when the music stops; big efforts by the Inquiry to pin responsibility for violence in political activists; evidence that police violence at the Southall demo at which SPG murdered Blair Peach was premeditated.

Back
Top Bottom