Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Undercover policing enquiry

Final hearing today for Kate Wilson's spycops case against the Met bought before the Investigatory powers Tribunal (IPT). This was only possible in her case as the Met's lawyers forgot to close off the option of pursuing this particular avenue. She is live tweeting from the hearing:

Live video stream here:

You would like to think so wouldn't you? I imagine any such avenue will be contingent on the outcome of today's hearing though.
no, i don't suppose anything will happen like that. but if the police were investigating a body whose members had inveigled their way into relationships for the purposes of spying on people's lives over a number of years and they found all the relevant material had conveniently disappeared over the course of the investigation some searching questions might be asked and charges laid

Final hearing today for Kate Wilson's spycops case against the Met bought before the Investigatory powers Tribunal (IPT). This was only possible in her case as the Met's lawyers forgot to close off the option of pursuing this particular avenue. She is live tweeting from the hearing:

Live video stream here:

Absolutely awful that so much of her day to day life was being dissected and she had no idea. Inhuman.

"In Dec 2018 the police lawyers wrote to #spycops officers with questions saying "you are not required to give evidence" thus making it clear that there would be no oath and that they could lie."

😡

It was her final day in court today. Fingers crossed for a fair result.

COPS site has a report up from the trial now:

Full report of the day now up here:

It explains how he came to be infiltrating both the WRP and NF/LoSG - the WRP asked him in his capacity as a WRP member to infiltrate the far right on their behalf. So I suppose they must have been, um, good at spotting people who had good infiltration skills, if nothing else?

Anyway, if anyone wants to have a look at his documents, here they are:

Back
Top Bottom