Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

uk politicians who have dropped their first names

And Johnson the Younger spelling Jo sans 'e' - what the fuck's that all about…?! If you didn't know who he was and saw his name written down you'd think he was a girl. Why'd he want people to think he was a girl…?!:confused: Fucking weirdo.

He doesn't want his shortened first name to be mistaken as at all proletarian. Stupid, really. He's Jo. E. (for Edmund) Johnson by his own lights.

Sorry, but you are wrong. He was never a James. Powell was born John Enoch Powell. He later dropped his first name when he was studying at university because he came across another John Powell and he wanted to distinguish himself from him so from that point on he always referred to himself as Enoch Powell and that is how he is widely known.

It’s a strange coincidence that the two politicians Boris Johnson and Enoch Powell who became known by their “first” names in the UK, Boris and Enoch, is and was their middle names. Although people know them by those names, most people do know their surnames as well anyway.

I don’t know why last year some newspapers were making a fuss about Johnson preferring to be called Boris rather than Alexander when it’s not exactly that uncommon for someone to prefer to go by his his/her middle name.

Mind you, discussing the name ‘John’ reminds me of a guy I knew from school until he died in the 1980s and I always knew him as ‘Jack’, but he was actually called John.

Sorry, but you are wrong. He was never a James. Powell was born John Enoch Powell. He later dropped his first name when he was studying at university because he came across another John Powell and he wanted to distinguish himself from him so from that point on he always referred to himself as Enoch Powell and that is how he is widely known.

It’s a strange coincidence that the two politicians Boris Johnson and Enoch Powell who became known by their “first” names in the UK, Boris and Enoch, is and was their middle names. Although people know them by those names, most people do know their surnames as well anyway.

I don’t know why last year some newspapers were making a fuss about Johnson preferring to be called Boris rather than Alexander when it’s not exactly that uncommon for someone to prefer to go by his his/her middle name.

Mind you, discussing the name ‘John’ reminds me of a guy I knew from school until he died in the 1980s and I always knew him as ‘Jack’, but he was actually called John.
I tried being called by my middle name for a while as well, but it didn't work well.
Kevbad the bad a.k.a. 'The'

I tried being called by my middle name for a while as well, but it didn't work well.
Kevbad the bad a.k.a. 'The'

I’m not surprised that it didn’t work in the long run. :D

I used to work with a woman in the 1990s who one day told people that she wanted to go by her middle name and that wasn’t a problem but then a few months later she told people that she wanted to go by another name and then a short while later again she told people that she wanted to go by her first name again. Needless to say that people thought that she was taking the biscuit and started calling her all sorts of different names to deliberately wind her up and in the end she left the company.

Although he’s not a politician, what about “Tommy Robinson”? Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lannon is his real name and he loves to get involved with politics and he’s a complete prick.

He named himself after a football hooligan - did he think that was going to make him come across as ‘hard’’?

What a dick!

I think you'll find Boris Johnson's middle name is de

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

I think you'll find Boris Johnson's middle name is de

I think you’ll find that his middle name is Boris.

Curiously, James Hunt, the racing driver, full name was James Enoch Hunt.

A couple of centuries ago Enoch was a fairly common name in the UK.

Enoch was a family name in Enoch Powell’s family. His father was named Albert Enoch and his grandfather was named Enoch.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Can you not see “Boris”?

I have no idea why you’re trying to be funny, but you are failint

I think you’ll find that his middle name is Boris.

A couple of centuries ago Enoch was a fairly common name in the UK.

Enoch was a family name in Enoch Powell’s family. His father was named Albert Enoch and his grandfather was named Enoch.

Can you not see “Boris”?

I have no idea why you’re trying to be funny, but you are failint
I don't know why you're being obtuse and stupid but you're succeeding

Johnson has five names
His third name is therefore his middle name

Back
Top Bottom