Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Turkey, ISIS, Kurds and Syria

BBC said:
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said it is necessary to redefine terrorism to include those who support such acts.

He said there was no difference between "a terrorist holding a gun or a bomb and those who use their position and pen to serve the aims" of terrorists.

Mr Erdogan added that this could be a journalist, a lawmaker or an activist.

Ankara bombing: Erdogan seeks to widen terrorism definition - BBC News

UH-OH...

So who will recognise it? I doubt that even the KRG will.
Good question that I don't know the answer to lol. Russia maybe? I only say that because not so long ago they opened a diplomatic mission there, still seems unlikely though.

e2a One scenario I can actually imagine them doing so for is if for no other reason to piss Erdoagan and Co off.

Good question that I don't know the answer to lol. Russia maybe? I only say that because not so long ago they opened a diplomatic mission there, still seems unlikely though.

e2a One scenario I can actually imagine them doing so for is if for no other reason to piss Erdoagan and Co off.
It's not a diplomatic mission despite the spin put on it by some - more a few rooms acting as an NGO. Russia is not recognising it as a DM.

Latest Istanbul bombing this Kurdish group again?

Theyve totally lost it, if so.
If it's Kurdish radicals doing this, they should recognize that they, in effect have a homeland now in N Iraq & N Syria. This terrorism serves no purpose.....except helping Erdogan.

If it's Kurdish radicals doing this, they should recognize that they, in effect have a homeland now in N Iraq & N Syria. This terrorism serves no purpose.....except helping Erdogan.
What is 'kurdish radicals'?

At what point do they speak for kurds? As what point does the pretend thieve state in north iraq and the two thieve families that it represents = a homeland.

What a term. Homeland.

It seems the bomber specifically targetted a group of tourists. Interesting that many victims were Israeli (the two Americans killed were dual citizens and several others injured). No love lost between many here and Israel. Wonder if the bomber knew (was trailing them?)

What does 'Turkish national' mean? Someone who holds a Turkish passport? In that case, surely Kurds in Turkey are Turkish nationals?

Not that I'm saying a Kurd did it, just a general query.

Some AKP politician is in trouble in Turkey for saying its a shame one of the injured Israelis hadnt died yet or words to that effect.

Staying classy! Jeez.

Back
Top Bottom