Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour De France 2024 - chasing yellow

Imagine being in the break, going well, then Pog, Remco and Vin all turn up, only to then piss about after fucking up your groups cohesion. They must have been livid :D
It worked out okay for them in the end but I did go back and watched the Remco attack - when they caught the bunch he just seemed to want to attack them straight away and then the DS must have had a word in his ear.
I hope he doesn't blow up badly at some stage as him and Pogi have been a delight in the opening week.

Bini is just on fire this year. Play it safe for the rest I guess, would be phenomenal to see him in green come the er... not champs elysees.

Don't understand the guys (and yes it's always guys) who want to stand around getting pissed for hours and then try and make the whole thing about them by getting right up in the riders' faces screaming. Weirdos. Always secretly wish some of them might accidentally fall under a motorbike.

Don't understand the guys (and yes it's always guys) who want to stand around getting pissed for hours and then try and make the whole thing about them by getting right up in the riders' faces screaming. Weirdos. Always secretly wish some of them might accidentally fall under a motorbike.
Plus it seems fashionable this year to do it with a child on your head.

I haven't spotted any of them doing whilst looking into their phones though, so small mercies.

Yates' pedalling style out of the saddle is lovely to watch. It reminds me a bit of prime Contador.

I like the races in Spain where they have hard as nails police running ahead who barge the idiots out the way.

Nice seeing the boy from Kelso (where I lived for a few years) Oscar Onley in the break today.

I bet there's a few guys feeling pretty glad to climb off the bike at the top.

Pogacar beat Pantani's record up that climb by 45 seconds :hmm: now corrected to four minutes :hmm::hmm:

Last edited:
Pogacar beat Pantani's record up that climb by 45 seconds :hmm: now corrected to four minutes :hmm::hmm:
There’s a lot of twitter eyebrows being raised. But it really is a different sport now, the way they race, the bikes, the kit, the training, the nutrition, the recovery… everything.

Plus the top riders must be amongst the most tested athletes out there.

There will always be cheats, new as yet undetectable drugs etc. But it’s also possible we’re just watching a once in a lifetime rider.

Back
Top Bottom