Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Totally Unemployable

RE the whole thing making it neigh on impossible to hide things like age gender etc - I really find this trend of having photos at the top of cvs really depressing .. .

congrats for getting a job sorted stuff it

RE the whole thing making it neigh on impossible to hide things like age gender etc - I really find this trend of having photos at the top of cvs really depressing .. .

congrats for getting a job sorted stuff it
403068.jpg

Yes. Wouldn't you rather any potential employer not be able to see pics of you on holiday, red-faced and having fun? It's none of their business

I'd rather they weren't looking in the first place.

I'd rather that stuff that they might look for in social media profiles wasn't part of what they wrestle looking for in candidates.

I'd rather they focussed on having an application process that was efficient and transparent with a proper person spec. rather than dubious prejudice and bias.

Being able to hide (or engineer) your social media presence doesn't solve any of that.

I'd rather they didn't either, but they do, so it's best to either not use social media at all, or to hide your profile to the public

Because, like it or not (and I don't like it) it's becoming part of the recruitment process. It is an additional opportunity to present yourself in the way that you want. It is something you have control over.
But wouldn't it better if you just didn't let them into the private side of your life in the first place?
Are you suggesting people make fake profiles? How? Hiring a fake wholesome family for professional studio photographs to put on a fictitious Facebook profile?

Back
Top Bottom