Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Possible unemployment due too sickness

I've just had today's meeting with occupational health and I have to say that the tone of this time was a bit different from last time, there was less talk of not being able to go back and teach children and even some mention of returning to work after the Easter holidays (in April). I don't know what the school are going to say about me taking more time off and I am still worried about the long-term but it looks like in the short-term I might possibly be OK for a return to work and avoiding the plague of unemployment.

I've just had today's meeting with occupational health and I have to say that the tone of this time was a bit different from last time, there was less talk of not being able to go back and teach children and even some mention of returning to work after the Easter holidays (in April). I don't know what the school are going to say about me taking more time off and I am still worried about the long-term but it looks like in the short-term I might possibly be OK for a return to work and avoiding the plague of unemployment.
That's great news. In sounds like it was possibly some kind of knee-jerk reaction to your diagnosis rather than a compassionate and informed understanding of it.

Hurrah for going back (the school can deal with it to be honest. They might not like it, but they will manage).

I have another meeting with occupational health coming up this Wednesday. Starting to get nervous about it now.

We seem to be back at square one again after yesterday's meeting, the doctor was no longer talking about a return to work in April after the Easter holidays but instead was talking about seeing me again in one month's time so I will have to troop over to occupational health for the fifth time and see what they say then.

We seem to be back at square one again after yesterday's meeting, the doctor was no longer talking about a return to work in April after the Easter holidays but instead was talking about seeing me again in one month's time so I will have to troop over to occupational health for the fifth time and see what they say then.
Did they say why? I can understand them being a little cautious but this getting a bit ridiculous now. Have you had any relapses at all? Anything that might make them be so cautious?

Did they say why? I can understand them being a little cautious but this getting a bit ridiculous now. Have you had any relapses at all? Anything that might make them be so cautious?
no, nothing out of the ordinary has happened. It is turning into quite a saga.

Frustrating. But it's at least sounding more consistent with a workplace making an effort to be understanding/patient, rather than one threatening you just because you've been ill.

When I was off on long term sick with MH problems (from a school as well) my employers occupational health people sent the consultant psych at the CMHT I attended a questionnaire about me that was sent to me first so I could review it.

Back
Top Bottom