Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Long term plan for the NHS

Wouldn’t you have expected a psychopath to have given a sincere-looking apology to try and save his skin by now?

Wouldn’t you have expected a psychopath to have given a sincere-looking apology to try and save his skin by now?
human psychology is incredibly complex, so many variations - this is still a simplistic version but this one has a life long history of smirking and getting away with it in the aftermath- smashing up a restaurant and throwing money at the mess left behind

Isn’t it? Try ‘Without Conscience’ By Dr Hare. Broader look at the condition. I actually deal with a lot of people at work who have the axis 2 diagnosis (’anti-social personality disorder’ these days). Have a look at Dr Hare’s psychopathy diagnostic check list and the apply it to the cunt in number 10. You’ll be…not surprised.
what do you think breeds this mindset?

human psychology is incredibly complex, so many variations - this is still a simplistic version but this one has a life long history of smirking and getting away with it in the aftermath- smashing up a restaurant and throwing money at the mess left behind
Neuroplasticity. It’s always environment plus genes. So what do organisations like the Bullingdon Club do? Let the genetic predispositions off the hook. The brain constantly changes with its inputs. But particularly in the formative years

Fair enough.
I personally suspect he’s not a naturally-occurring psychopath but a product of the ruling class’s attempts to be able to reliably create them.

what do you think breeds this mindset?
It’s part genetic part environment. Like any kind of mental illness.

Early trauma is bad. When i look at the histories of my patients (tertiary psychiatry…long term and enduring illness) they tend to be pretty uniform. Early abuse ( all types), separation from family (foster homes, correctional facilities), descent to hard drug use and associated sexual exploitation. It breeds what can be called a street mentality. Darwinian.

With regards to psychopaths who don’t come from a dysfunctional background? Some people just are. Genetics plus success. But you can spot them by their behaviour. A great truism in psychiatry is ‘previous behaviour tends to predict future behaviour’.

Last edited:
Fair enough.
I personally suspect he’s not a naturally-occurring psychopath but a product of the ruling class’s attempts to be able to reliably create them.
I don’t think removing kids from their parents at a large part of their developmental stage and dropping them in a boarding school is psychologically healthy.

I don’t think removing kids from their parents at a large part of their developmental stage and dropping them in a boarding school is psychologically healthy.
i was going to say "Early abuse ( all types), separation from family, decent to hard drug use and associated sexual exploitation" <sounds like what people say public school is like!

Yeah, I think that’s a key part of it.
Or basically exactly it.

It’s about breaking them and then building them back up without certain troubling components

Something similar to what Thatcher dreamed of doing to the whole country.

i was going to say "Early abuse ( all types), separation from family, decent to hard drug use and associated sexual exploitation" <sounds like what people say public school is like!
Lol! (Shouldn’t laugh). My parents actually signed me up for two public schools (Birkenhead School and Wellington). But i passed the 11 plus so being a precocious little shit i went to the local grammar (because i expressed support in meritocracy).

Yeah, I think that’s a key part of it.
Or basically exactly it.

It’s about breaking them and then building them back up without certain troubling components

Something similar to what Thatcher dreamed of doing to the whole country.
It’s quite scary how psychologically malleable our species is. Neuroplasticity. Anything mammalian and biological really.

Thatcher knew this.

‘Economics are the method: the object is to change the soul’.

How sick is that coming from a scientist (she was an industrial chemist).

It’s quite scary how psychologically malleable our species is. Neuroplasticity. Anything mammalian and biological really.

Thatcher knew this.

‘Economics are the method: the object is to change the soul’.

How sick is that coming from a scientist (she was an industrial chemist).

Exactly the quote I had in mind when I mentioned her.

Buoyed up by its successful involvement in the UK vaccine rollout, Peter Thiel's Palantir poaches senior NHS staff to beef up its bid to run all NHS patient data. There is concern over the wisdom of handing over this degree of penetration and control to a single private company. Palantir's secrecy is a worry for people concerned with patient data security, and for those concerned with NHS efficiency - once installed its system is going to be impossible to remove or replace.

And of course there are separate ethical questions over the involvement of the company anyway, however efficient they may be - Thiel is a massive Trump supporter and Palantir has been involved in the ICE detention of migrants at the Mexican border.

Today's FT article worth reading, paywall busted:

See also the row last year forcing the govt to consult before handing out a contract to Palantir:

The Tory government resembling a caretaker government led by PM Rishi Sunak has paid little attention to the woeful performance of emergencgy care of the NHS due to the shortage of medical staff and beds in hospitals. The NHS coped with the Covid 19 pandemic, and still few hundred deaths in a week. The strikes of nurses and paramedics are partly due to the shortage of medical staff in hospitals, and partly due to the sudden escalation of cost of living and inflation attributed to the senseless invasion of Ukraine by Russia. Tories are carrying on without taking action on failing emergency care as if they are in government for the long haul. The 19 percent pay increase demand of nurses may be unrealistic and compromise of 9 percent may be reasonable.

Last edited:
Buoyed up by its successful involvement in the UK vaccine rollout, Peter Thiel's Palantir poaches senior NHS staff to beef up its bid to run all NHS patient data. There is concern over the wisdom of handing over this degree of penetration and control to a single private company. Palantir's secrecy is a worry for people concerned with patient data security, and for those concerned with NHS efficiency - once installed its system is going to be impossible to remove or replace.

And of course there are separate ethical questions over the involvement of the company anyway, however efficient they may be - Thiel is a massive Trump supporter and Palantir has been involved in the ICE detention of migrants at the Mexican border.

Today's FT article worth reading, paywall busted:

See also the row last year forcing the govt to consult before handing out a contract to Palantir:
NHS Probes Whether Palantir Campaign Breached Contract Terms
Bloomberg 5 January 2024 https://archive.is/yHY4D
Just about a week after signing a controversial contract with the UK’s national health service, Palantir Technologies Inc. launched an influencer marketing campaign to counter criticism of the patient data platform it’s building, potentially breaching terms of the deal.
After winning the bid on Nov. 21, Palantir contracted with a digital marketing agency to solicit interest from content personalities. “I’m getting in touch regarding one of our current campaigns,” the marketers wrote in emails to influencers, according to copies of communications obtained by the legal nonprofit Good Law Project and shared with Bloomberg. The pitch said the objective was “to clear up misinformation relating to some recent data privacy concerns that were shared in the UK press.”

Key aspects of Palantir's Federated Data Platform lack legal basis, lawyers tell NHS England
The Register. Thu 5 Sep 2024
NHS England has received advice from lawyers saying key aspects of its controversial Federated Data Platform (FDP) lack a legal basis, meaning that unless a solution is found, it must allow citizens to opt out of sharing their data.
The FDP is being built by US spy-tech biz Palantir following the award of a £330 million seven-year contract by NHS England, a non-departmental public body under the Department of Health and Social Care. The total four-year budget for the project is actually £485 million, The Register revealed weeks ago.
In December last year, a group of campaign organizations led by Foxglove began preparing a legal challenge alleging there is no lawful basis to create the FDP, as described in procurement documents, within the current legal directions used to obtain and share data within the NHS.

Back
Top Bottom