Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top television theme tunes

AnnO'Neemus

Is so vanilla
The composer of the Succession theme tune got a shout out in that thread - Nicholas Britell, who also scored the wonderful If Beale Street Could Talk.

Not sure I agree with bimble that it's the best television theme ever, but it's certainly up there.

Made me think the subject of television themes deserves a thread of its own, there doesn't seem to be one. When I searched, there was an RIP thread for the Composer of Grange Hill and Countdown.

Not sure I agree with bimble that it's the best television theme ever
That means you've not listened to it on a good enough sound system. But yeah can't think of anything to match it, it's not just great music in itself it has the feeling of the loping juggernaut that is the family / extreme wealth, loping along unsteady off kilter and destructive (plus proper use of violins which is rare).

Made me think the subject of television themes deserves a thread of its own, there doesn't seem to be one. When I searched, there was an RIP thread for the Composer of Grange Hill and Countdown.
There you go:

(there are more) ;)

There you go:

Yeah, soz, I stupidly and quickly only searched for television theme tunes, didn't check TV or telly, D'Oh!

I posted and started the thread and clicked to see a reply then saw underneath that there were some 'Similar threads' listed. I'd thought it was weird that there wasn't one already.

Yeah, soz, I stupidly and quickly only searched for television theme tunes, didn't check TV or telly, D'Oh!

I posted and started the thread and clicked to see a reply then saw underneath that there were some 'Similar threads' listed. I'd thought it was weird that there wasn't one already.
It would have been ! :D

Back
Top Bottom